Massey 4710

Help Support CattleToday:

Soggy Bottom

Reaction score
Looking at buying a new tractor and have been looking at the Massey 4710. The dealer down the road had a 5711 I looked at last week. A very nice tractor but I think it is more tractor than I really need. It seems the 4710 will fit my needs better. Tractor will be used for pulling a weed sprayer, and a small square bale operation. I also like the fact that the MF does not have a particulate filter or EGR valve. No regin cycle, only takes DEF. Any input on this tractor good or bad? Thanks

Love my MF2706. Did everything I asked it to, so far...
Was a last year model still on the lot, turned out to be a real good deal. Good to have a trailer. Great no wait service at the dealer.
(Hydrolic hose and front axle freeze plugs if you were wondering)
I wish the loader was stronger. Have a few more things on the list to accomplish around here. Like the weight and power and center of gravity point.

Have a 4255 - similar size but older. I really like mine and it's done a ton of work for me, probably more than it should've 6000 hrs on it. Mine is extremely simple - pre def, standard trans, mechanical engine. Parts easy to come by - any AGCO dealer. Reasonable price for most stuff.

I've had very little problem aside from a few things. Bolts for the frame that holds the drawbar on came loose/broke. I repaired and just keep an eye on ever since. Bolts between two sections of the trans are too small and work themselves loose. I've replaced loctite'd etc - recurring problem I believe there's bolts under the cab that I can't get to without lifting the cab that are loose and I haven't tightened yet. They usually come loose one or two times a year - strangely always right around freezing. Front driveshaft has a stupid system where a splined collar slips over 2 shafts locked by a Cotter pin. Pin breaks, collar slides back, no Fwa. Easy fix but must be done or makes a racket and wears the collar,/shafts. All my issues are probably caused by/made worse by asking too much of the tractor for years. Pulls a 16' haybine all summer, was main feeding tractor, hauled 700 bales a year on a trailer with 17 1400lb bales for miles and miles for a few years.

The two models you mentioned - one is the 3 cylinder one is a 4 and neither is a Perkins - I would look for someone who's put hours on those engines and see what they think. I've heard nothing about either.

I bought another AGCO tractor - different brand (Fendt) if that tells you anything.

I have a 4608 that has a sisu engine in it. So far I haven't had any problems with it. I have pulled 2 bale wagons with 22 4x5 rounds without any trouble. I wouldn't be scared of a 4710 if I was looking to get another one. Only issue would be the def fluid, freezing in the winter.

Latest posts