Massey 4370

Help Support CattleToday:

One thing to take a look at is how the drawbar is held to the tractor. On the 4200 series, the drawbar is held by a pin in a welded mount assembly that is attached to tractor with six 3/4" x 1 1/2" bolts that go into the bottom of the rear axle. So all the weight and pull of the drawbar relies on 6 bolts with an inch of thread in the axle cast. They are notorious for coming out. I just dealt with mine for the 5th time last week and put red loctite on them. Hopefully Massey corrected that in the 4300 series.

Neighbor had one just like the 4370 4x4 cab loader, but the one that doesn't have the turbo, which makes it 10 hp less, can't remember the number. The bolts came out/strip on the drawback on theirs and when it did the oil came out of the rear end, also they tore the 4x4 up,something to do with the axle gears. Also at one point they had to have the transmission torn down for problems. The young boy bought it and he was pretty rough on it. It was repoed with around 2500 hours and sat on the bank lot for a while and I think they ended up getting 10k out of it which I am sure was not enough.

Thanks guys, IT and the mahindra I asked about down the page are from the FIL estate, so they have been maintained and not abused. My concern with the 2wd massey was having enough oomph to load the inilne trailer after about the 5th or 6th bale, since I've posted, I used it to do just that,with a bale on back, no problem. The massey loader is substantially heavier built, and I meant to check the hours on it but forgot, the Mahindra is a year old. I will probably end up with one or the other when they get around to pricing the equipment, just trying to make sure I make the right decision. I don't really need either, right now, but thinking for the future.

snoopdog said:
Thanks guys, IT and the mahindra I asked about down the page are from the FIL estate, so they have been maintained and not abused. My concern with the 2wd massey was having enough oomph to load the inilne trailer after about the 5th or 6th bale, since I've posted, I used it to do just that,with a bale on back, no problem. The massey loader is substantially heavier built, and I meant to check the hours on it but forgot, the Mahindra is a year old. I will probably end up with one or the other when they get around to pricing the equipment, just trying to make sure I make the right decision. I don't really need either, right now, but thinking for the future.
Opinions are like azzholes everybody has one, but if in good shape I would take the Massey.

jltrent said:
snoopdog said:
Opinions are like azzholes everybody has one, but if in good shape I would take the Massey.
I 'm leaning that way, it'll be cheaper, and while my wife says I'm a tightwad I prefer to think of myself as thrifty. I know 4wd is a necessity for some.

Latest posts