2016-2017 Hunting Season

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
feel free to post pics of your trophy or not so much of a trophy in this thread as well as any other pics you may want to share with your hunts or anything to do with this season.

I spent time cutting paths in the woods getting ready for deer season and rabbit season. Yes it will need to be some quick shooting. CB I know you can get a couple shots off with the pumps of yours.

IMG_20161030_084236902_zpssvuk9t0p.jpg

IMG_20161030_091628316_zpsfpmalc7a.jpg

IMG_20161030_091808291_zpsss7rwrud.jpg

IMG_20161030_091641608_zpszfec8ku4.jpg

IMG_20161030_091605912_zpsncsluupr.jpg

IMG_20161030_091519479_zpsvvotlrdh.jpg

IMG_20161030_091621952_HDR_zpsy43zpdhd.jpg

J&D Cattle":iqn7r4ju said:
Youth deer season was this weekend. Here is my little girl, age 7, with her first deer.

Thanks for posting ... I like seeing stuff like that. That's going to be some fine eating.

Our muzzleloader season starts this Saturday.

skyhightree1":1snl9qiy said:
J&D Cattle":1snl9qiy said:
Youth deer season was this weekend. Here is my little girl, age 7, with her first deer.

Thanks for posting ... I like seeing stuff like that. That's going to be some fine eating.

It sure was, ate both tenderloins last night. Going to save the rest and put it with the others and make some brats or sausage.

J&D Cattle":18ijrt4v said:
skyhightree1":18ijrt4v said:
J&D Cattle":18ijrt4v said:

It sure was, ate both tenderloins last night. Going to save the rest and put it with the others and make some brats or sausage.

Now your talking but I in recent years i grind whole thing up and do not save the tenderloins to cook. I will save some tenderloin to make jerky though for the kids .

Kingfisher":1f06qdri said:
I like your Suzuki TG! I sure wish I could find one. Are parts any sort of an issue?

Parts aren't an issue at all. It's really hard to believe how much is readily available for a Samurai. Here's who I deal with. http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/suzuki-o ... parts.html
And I also have Samurai junk yard here at the house.

Great photos of the kids. Love it
Spent a good part of the weekend getting a new stand set-up. Big enough for a couple grandkids :cboy: .
Season opens this weekend. Still seems way to hot to be shooting deer.

callmefence":25s1hex5 said:
Great photos of the kids. Love it
Spent a good part of the weekend getting a new stand set-up. Big enough for a couple grandkids :cboy: .
Season opens this weekend. Still seems way to hot to be shooting deer.

Thanks for posting looks good I hope yall do well.

Sky you gotta remember ol' CB went "Geriatric" on us a couple years ago. I think now he's just got an old commode sittin' out in the woods with some brush piled around it. :lol: :lol: :hide:

TexasBred":2jhgie98 said:
Sky you gotta remember ol' CB went "Geriatric" on us a couple years ago. I think now he's just got an old commode sittin' out in the woods with some brush piled around it. :lol: :lol: :hide:
Got that wrong I have several heated 8x4's with reclining office chairs stocked with drinks and snacks. Ten years ago I would have been on the side of tree high enough to need a pilots license now I am grounded.
So far this year sausage is in the smoker as we speak.

Deer season here opened on the 15th and it closes today. I got my deer on Sunday of opening weekend. He was a reasonable younger mule deer buck. I would call him a 3 by 4. Those who count eye guards would call him a 5 by 5 as he had 2 eye guard points on the 3 point side. The spread isn't anything to brag about but he was high horned and heavy. The youngest boy shot a fork horn on Friday. The oldest boy has passed up a bunch of bucks looking for a bigger one. He said that on Sunday he was going to shot the first buck he saw. I didn't talk to him last night so I don't know if he got his deer.

But elk season opens on this coming Saturday. It is just about time to get serious about hunting.

Latest posts