2013 Fall Roundup

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice looking Bull, I wish my bull looked that good.

I looked this bull up, it did not show any genetic test results. I thought I remembered you posting that you were in the process of testing for genetic defects maybe just DD. Do you keep it off the AAA Data Board? It might have been someone else. Looks like the pedigree is generally genetic defect free on AM, NH, CA, DD, etc. That may be why you did not need to test.

I saw he has New Day 8005 as a grandsire on the Dam side. New Day came from about 6 miles from my farm. Boyd has some nice Bulls.
New Day is "AMF-CAF-DDF-M1F-NHF." So that should help!

CF - lot 13 actual birth weight was 80 lbs his weaning weight was 605 and yearling 825

Inyati13 - lot 13 is free of any known defects. The lot 12 bull is a potential carrier of DD, we have submitted DNA test but haven't received results if he test positive we will pull him out of the sale, however since his dam is a 12 year old cow that has never lost a calf we feel he will come back clean.

Gizmom

gizmom":eo0xr2rx said:
CF - lot 13 actual birth weight was 80 lbs his weaning weight was 605 and yearling 825

Inyati13 - lot 13 is free of any known defects. The lot 12 bull is a potential carrier of DD, we have submitted DNA test but haven't received results if he test positive we will pull him out of the sale, however since his dam is a 12 year old cow that has never lost a calf we feel he will come back clean.

Gizmom
Thanks. I bet you are fine on that one too. Great pedigree on that bull!!!

I just posted a new blog at http://www.gizmoangus.blogspot.com it has pictures of all of our consignments in the upcoming Fall Round Up sale. It is eaiser to load pictures on the blog than it is to load them here. We just got home from the Sunbelt Ag Expo, it was great, but wore this ole girl out. I have to give a shout out of well done to all of those folks that volunteer each year at the expo. These folks work really hard to put on one of the top agriculture expos in the country and they do it year after year. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!

Gizmom

I think 605 WW and 825 YW are a bit light, but he is a nice looking animal with good chest and length certainly... Paint him brown and he could be at my place :p

Nice set of bulls, if it is the group in front of your house. i saw them a couple of weeks ago when i was going to a friends house.

Jscunn,

Yep they are in the front field, hopefully they won't embarrass us at the sale. How are your bulls up north doing, I am waiting to here on ours at the Florida test they haven't posted anything online yet. I know they were scheduled for another weight last week. Are y'all going up to the round up sale?

Gizmom

yes i am going to the fall round up. a sweet lady and her husband is giving my bull a ride up on thursday, and i willl be up early friday morning. i hope we both do wel there.

as far as the cullman bull one of them started off great and eased up, the other one had a bad trip first weigh date and a great one second trip, so he is about average as well.. not setting the world on fire but they are good solid bulls.. scanning was last week, hopefully know next week how they did.

Got a few photo's around the farm yeasterday, we had lots of help this weekend.

The girls love going out to check cows with GG and Paw Paw

Best help in the world!

Sorry GG just couldn't help herself

Gizmom

Taking off work that day and coming to the sale. You have some nice bulls, looking forward to seeing them and maybe meeting you.

Bamaborn

I will look forward to meeting you, we usually put farm signs up at our lots and hang around the pens in case anyone has any questions. Please stop by where we can meet. Like I have said they will have some really good bulls no matter what your breed preference is.

Gizmom

Latest posts