2013 Branding photos

Help Support CattleToday:

Looking good. You even have green grass in the branding pen. How do you expect the crew to work if they aren't being choked with the dust?

pdfangus":3hptddfx said:
are you in any of the photos? just to put a face with the name.....

Yes a couple of them, but the best shot is the one labeled "Bryan and Hudson" I would be the bigger one :)

wbvs58":1ujilwdp said:
I'd hate to have your wages bill.
Ken

Ha ha - all the people you see are either family, neighbors, and/or friends. No one there gets a paycheck just for helping. We were at everyone of there places helping them earlier. Just a neighbor trade off.

BRG":1rpvkmam said:
wbvs58":1rpvkmam said:
I'd hate to have your wages bill.
Ken

Ha ha - all the people you see are either family, neighbors, and/or friends. No one there gets a paycheck just for helping. We were at everyone of there places helping them earlier. Just a neighbor trade off.

yeah it is a cultural difference for sure....
I have a lot of neighbors with cattle but I don't want them messing with my cattle and most of them don't have a decent catch pen or ever do anything with thier cattle anyway. Branding is not required here and is seldom done....I use to freeze brand all of our replacements and bulls....but with just a couple it is not worth the effort any more. The dry ice and alcohol cost too much to just do one or two...and they all know their names now....

most cattle here are small herds of what I call land use cattle....they keep the cattle to get cheaper agricultural land use tax rates...

Latest posts