2007 250 0r 2008 250

Help Support CattleToday:

Agboy

Reaction score
Hey guys heres the story Im thinking off trading in my 2003 250 reg cab 7.3 truck for a new 2008 or a 2007 250. Either go with the 6.0 or the new 6.4 diesel. My current truck has 65,000 miles on it an I can get almost as much for it now as when I bought it used 3 years ago with 18,000 miles.

The truck Im looking at a 2007 reg cab 6.0 with 11,000 miles on it or the new 2008 model with the 6.4. Both have great warranties.

Heres the question for you guys. I know the early 6.0s had problems an the 07s had a number off changes since the original 6.o came out. Do any off you guys have any of the model years I mentioned. Experiences pros an cons. Yes I have looked through past threads on this site an have learned the problems off each. But now several months have passed sinced the 08 has been out. An people have had a chance to put some miles on these trucks. BTW my current truck has been flawless in every way. Only replaced the CPS sensor just a month ago. But thats typical Ford. All off my Fords have been this way. Very relaible trucks built to take the tough use I put them through. I always say if its not a Ford its not a truck. Thanks for all the great help guys in advance. Ill be posting on other boards as well. If you want to ask any questions Ill be around to answer them. Once again thanks for any help.

BTW Happy holidays to everybody on the board.

Looks like a long night no replies. I know there are some owners off these trucks out there. Where are you guys at?

well simply put after 100,000 miles these trucks really lose value. Right now is a good time to trade. If I wait to long a new one or near new will be totally out off reach pricewise. So what do you guys think off thr trucks I talked about. Experiences withe 6.0 or 6.4.? Hoping for some responses Thanks

Yah your right about that. I havent had any trouble with it. Id sure like to update though. Ford is selling lots off these trucks though. Just need some honest experiences with these newer trucks. Come on I know you owners are out there. I see lots off these newer trucks on the road.

If you guys no off anybody that has one off these trucks let em know about my question an tell em to post up on the board. Ya I can keep my truck for that many miles but will never be able to afford another one at that time with no trade in value. Thanks for your opinions so far. Just looking for an answer to my original question. This truck might not be available forever so quick replies would be appreciated Thanks

I've got a 97 F350 7.3 dually with 275K miles and wouldn't trade it. It's a workhorse beast! Best engine Ford made. If you want problems then buy you a 6.0 and you'll probably regret it. 6.4 still is too new to have found out all the bugs in the engine. JMO.

Agboy":lijtrdro said:
If you guys no off anybody that has one off these trucks let em know about my question an tell em to post up on the board. Ya I can keep my truck for that many miles but will never be able to afford another one at that time with no trade in value. Thanks for your opinions so far. Just looking for an answer to my original question. This truck might not be available forever so quick replies would be appreciated Thanks

Go here and you'll find quick answers to anything

http://www.ford-trucks.com/

Ok guys I might have a change off heart here. You guys that have all these miles on these trucks. Have you done anything to the engine repair wise other then normal maintenance. I worry that I willhave to spend a lot off money for repairs after 100,000 miles. Thanks for your input.

Agboy":36q9mt09 said:
Ok guys I might have a change off heart here. You guys that have all these miles on these trucks. Have you done anything to the engine repair wise other then normal maintenance. I worry that I willhave to spend a lot off money for repairs after 100,000 miles. Thanks for your input.

How much do you plan on paying for a new truck after your trade in? Will you pay cash or make monthly payments? If monthly how much?

You're suffering from "new truck fever". Go wash that older truck, detail it, wax it real good and be glad that you have a good dependable truck with a lot of life left in it. I once knew a contractor that regularly put 300,000 miles on the 7.3 engines with no problems. Be proud of what you've got.

I had a 96 350 that I put 250k on with no major problems, now I have an 07 with 10k on it so far and boy will it run. It will pull circles around the 7.3 I had.

I have an 05 6.0 and haven't had any trouble out of it, just a couple bugs when I first bought it. Now it has 80,000 + on it and runnin strong. Not to brag up my own equipment but, just tryin to help you out. On the other hand, if ford invested the money in the 7.3 that they did in the 6.0, it would have been a killer. The 7.3 IS the best engine Ford ever made.

I looked at the '08's .. I really wanted one of those tricked out King Ranch editions! But 11 MPG stopped me in my tracks. That's just WRONG.

I wouldn't trade off the 7.3 either.

you are both stronger and smarter than I -- I gave in to the urge to buy a 2008 King Ranch with the 6.4... and I am getting 11mpg. I am talking to several dealers about trading it in on a used Dodge or GM diesel.....

Latest posts