Ford F-250 XLT 4X4

Help Support CattleToday:

It's hard to come out ahead of salesmen, they are selling vehicles at least 5 days a week. The likes of you and me only lock horns with them once every several years, their techniques seem to change in the interim.

Ken

wbvs58":5uvuhc2a said:
It's hard to come out ahead of salesmen, they are selling vehicles at least 5 days a week. The likes of you and me only lock horns with them once every several years, their techniques seem to change in the interim.

Ken

You hit the nail dead center on that.

Bright Raven":no6fl4yz said:
There is no sweet spot. The outrageous cost of new trucks has some of the older models selling almost at their original sticker price. It is a function of declining money value, demand and inflation.

I spent some time searching for a farm truck under $10,000 this winter.
Found two 6.0 "deals" but they were both sold the day I called.
Ended up buying a 2002 with 174 K, and then pulling tires and parts off of my existing 20O2 with 281 K.
Told the wife I "upgraded" to a Z71. She said she wants it because it has remote start. ;-)

just saw a nice 4x4 250 .. 2000 model year, great condition, only 128k miles.. 4800.

would be a great spare truck

I've got an '11 crew cab that I really like. I looked for a long time to find that one at what I felt was a good price. The 6.2 from all my research seems to be a good gas motor. Did you get the 3.73 axle or the 4.3? I wanted a 4.3 but almost impossible to find used. I've towed 12,000#+ a bunch of times with no complaints. The 5th and 6th gear lockout is for slick for towing. Mine's go 118k on it now.

Anyways, you seem like you got pretty good price. Enjoy it!

Latest posts