Question on F-250

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
I would love some input from others with the F-250 super duty and the flex fuel option. Does anyone go from one type to another? Do you stick with one type of fuel per tank and switch when it's on empty?

Thank you Kingfisher, good information. I have heard that the sensor is sometimes suspect and living in a colder climate to say the least, I have some concerns about switching back and forth. Anyone have any real life experiences?

bump. Nothing else? I know I can google the whole deal and get a gajillion sites, but I was hoping I could count on the folks here to give me some real time, real life experiences and not have to wade through the internet abyss.

MistyMorning":3b90k2ug said:
bump. Nothing else? I know I can google the whole deal and get a gajillion sites, but I was hoping I could count on the folks here to give me some real time, real life experiences and not have to wade through the internet abyss.

Would love to help but mine is diesel. That said, if you want rave reviews for the 250 in general, I love mine; it's the Platinum Edition but rated for farm with the turnover gooseneck hitch, etc.

On my company van I go back and forth so far with no problems, but have been more with out E85.

Thanks folks for the responses. I probably didn't need to make my question specific to the F-250, as a lot of vehicles have the flex fuel option.

TCRanch":2wkc95oq said:
MistyMorning":2wkc95oq said:

Would love to help but mine is diesel. That said, if you want rave reviews for the 250 in general, I love mine; it's the Platinum Edition but rated for farm with the turnover gooseneck hitch, etc.

Make sure you keep those air filters clean and change both fuel filters regularly.

We have 5 F250 diesels at work. They all have had theirs share of issues. One common one is a sensor in the air tube. One spec of dust in that tube and no warranty. They also warned that it will void other things also. We are having to change air filters at a little less than 2K miles... and they better be Ford filters also. We vacuum out the boxes and wipe every thing down before they go in for warranty work now.

They also have 2 fuel filters. We have had 2- $11K fuel systems put in 2 different trucks. Both were covered under warranty but the first thing they did was pull the fuel filters. They let it slide on the first one because we had only been changing one. The second time around we had been changing both so we were good. They told us every other oil change at the max. More often if needed.

They also have issues with sensors going out and telling you there is water in the fuel. It knocks them down in to limp mode... which is very convenient. 4 out of the 5 have had that.

That is from 3 different Ford dealers so it wasn't just an isolated dealer thing.

TennesseeTuxedo":2pmpcuim said:
I have a 2012 F-250 Lariat, not as sexy as a Platinum, with the flex fuel option. I have no intentions of running anything other than unleaded gasoline in mine.

How do you like it?
When you're driving through Nashville does it make you look like you have a lot of cows?

ga.prime":35tmmoz9 said:
Still driving a '94.
I wish you'd drive it to a cattlemen's meeting. William asked about you last night.

Latest posts