2006 Royal Winter Fair Shorthorns

Help Support CattleToday:

Vicky the vet

Reaction score
I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of the recent RAWF, from this past Saturday. A bull my husband bred and owns 1/3 of is PL Unforgiven, who went Grand Champion Male for the Shorthorns. He was born Mar 31, 2005 and weighed 1855 lbs on Nov. 4/06. To give you an idea of size, my husband is 6 feet tall and is holding the banner. He is a very long, thick bull.
recent

The second is of an animal my 10 year old daughter purchased last November as a yearling and her Mar 2006 heifer calf. They went Senior Champion Female. My husband and children are holding the banner in front of them.
recent

I hope I did this right...if not, the pics are in the photo gallery under cattle pictures...and it looks like I blew it....

V

I have a buddy that raises shorts. He says the reds are winning everything now. Any truth to that in your area. He, to his dismay, has roan heifers.

The cow looks great, but the bull has far too much leg for me. He is very well put up, mind you, but I'd rather see him lower to the ground. Just how I like my cattle, that's all.

And is that you holding the bull and the heifer calf, V the V? Congratulations, nice wins, great turnout, lovely family. How do you manage to do it all and still help people out on the boards (for which we are all very grateful!).

Gale Seddon":3aw950v6 said:
And is that you holding the bull and the heifer calf, V the V?

Gosh golly, no! I don't show cattle, in fact I was sleeping when this show was on, didn't even see it! I'd worked all night the night before.....

As as to the comments on the bull, I wouldn't completely disagree, cept he's really deep and really thick, and only 19 months old....

vicky! Your little ballerinas are not so little anymore!
Great photos! Regards to Mike.....

Nice looking cattle. I for one like a tall bull. We have some of the Einmoor genetics on the maternal side of our bulls. Might be why we get more roans than whites or reds. What are the genetics on the bull? Thanks

Really like the cow. Raise a few shorthorns and I would love to have a cow with her shape, frame and udder structure. How is the cow bred....and on the bull "not so much"

I am really impressed with the stock. The young bull has some looong legs, but he has the potential to add some depth I think. I really think shorthorns have a promising future in the US somewhere beside the showring. Boone

Latest posts