2000 F250 XLT Superduty opinons needed

Help Support CattleToday:

Good truck, good engine but a lot of miles for the money they are asking. If that motor has been maintained it will go for many more miles but you can still expect small things to wrong with with like injectors, glow plugs, relays and such. Also that is a lot of miles on the tranny so allow for that. It may go another 100K or 1K, you just don't know.

Just thinking out loud here. I don't know what they sell for in Canada.

flaboy?":1i7g89bb said:
Good truck, good engine but a lot of miles for the money they are asking. If that motor has been maintained it will go for many more miles but you can still expect small things to wrong with with like injectors, glow plugs, relays and such. Also that is a lot of miles on the tranny so allow for that. It may go another 100K or 1K, you just don't know.

Just thinking out loud here. I don't know what they sell for in Canada.

injectors are pretty dang expensive though

That truck is going to have some major rust issues (frame) in its future.

cfpinz

Went and took a look (after hours) at the truck. Interior looks good, well looked after...but the body needs a new paint job for sure. Not very many dents (barring a fist-size one in the tailgate), but a lot of chips and scrapes. Tires still have a fair amount of tread on them. I will be contacting the previous owner in the next few days to find out if regular maintenance records are available (don't want to buy an abused motor or tranny). Cousin is a dealer and can get the truck at wholesale price...will find out what that price is tomorrow.

What would you guy's pay in US for that truck? I can just convert it to CDN and go from there. I am thinking around the 8 grand mark (7200 USD), which will allow for a new paint job and other improvements. I will be looking on Ebay and out Manitoba/Saskatchewan way for a truck as well.

It looks like between 8 and 9,000 on Kelly Blue Books web page, just guessing at the options. With that many mile it's one of those things thats worth what your willing to gamble. Should be a solid truck for years to come or could die tomorrow.

Cousin said he knows the guy that owned it and kept the truck in good running condition (all maintenance records available), but let the body get into pretty rough shape. Wholesaler who deals with cousin is in 9-vehicle deal with this dealership and asked me what I wanted to pay, I said between 7 and 8,000 CDN, due to need for new paint job and possibly other things because there is no safety on this truck. Should find out in the next few days if I have a decent-running diesel.

Latest posts