20% Rage Cubes

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Yesterday I bought 50 lb bags of cubes at $12.65 a bag last year this time they were $8.35 a bag. 20% cubes. Pretty steep price increase. To bad I cannot price the calves accordingly.

There are a lot of input suppliers that make a living off of farmers/ranchers, too bad we can't claim them all as dependants at income tax time!

Last edited:
We've been feeding the same custom mix commodity feed for 3-4 yrs now. First year was $190 a ton, last year was $230, now this year it's $385. I'm definitely not a mathematician but that seems like more than 8.6% to me. We haven't fed cubes in several years now...they are just too costly. Very easy to feed and get though and cows love them.

We've been feeding the same custom mix commodity feed for 3-4 yrs now. First year was $190 a ton, last year was $230, now this year it's $385. I'm definitely not a mathematician but that seems like more than 8.6% to me.
October 31st Feeder Cattle prices
2017 1.55
2018 1.59
2019 1.50
2020 1.47
2021 1.37
2022 1.77 today up 29% from a year ago

We've been feeding the same custom mix commodity feed for 3-4 yrs now. First year was $190 a ton, last year was $230, now this year it's $385. I'm definitely not a mathematician but that seems like more than 8.6% to me. We haven't fed cubes in several years now...they are just too costly. Very easy to feed and get though and cows love them.
21.0% and 67.4% increases.

I'm gonna stay on track and do the same thing I do every year.....why change a good thing.....stupidity? Lol

That's not enough change when you figure cost of machinery and operating expenses.
Didn't say it was. Up 18% from pre-pandemic and 29% from year ago.
There are always fluctuating market factors, ie buyer's corn prices and so on.
Always boils down to supply and demand.

Last edited:
Didn't say it was. Up 18% from pre-pandemic and 29% from year ago.
There are always fluctuating market factors, ie buyer's corn prices and so on.
Always boils down to supply and demand.
I wasn't directing that at you, just remarking that the prices aren't keeping up with cost of doing business. But that's nothing new.

Latest posts