Urgent warning. Cubes in florida.

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms":2wxxoqrj said:
Bad deal. But that's pretty quick detective work if you ask me. Pretty impressive.

Wonder if they found something in the cube mix and went looking for dead cattle?

OMG I feel for the producers..... sure hope they pinpoint it and everyone stops feeding it. A lawsuit waiting to happen....
Remember one time reading about some dead cattle on a farm, can't remember where, and come to find out the feed mill had put a chemical in it rather than the mineral it should have had. Took the feed the farm had, had it analyzed, and found out it had some poison instead of the mineral.... but no matter what someone might get in return, it is heartbreaking to lose cattle like that.

I wonder who is making the cubes for TSC and what state they are in?

Hook2.0":1a3z7t3k said:
So far, by my count on Facebook just of people who are saying their cows died suddenly after feeding these cubes in the last week, it's up to about 30 in 6 or 7 counties. How many of those are actually tied together who knows

I lost one last week. Who do I call? :hide:

I do hope people aren't taking advantage of a bad situation.

Lucky":18gtfu6h said:
Cargill or Purina/LandoLakes would be my guess..
One of the other big recalls from TSC PP products was due to high aflatoxin in corn byproducts.
Dry dog food from Cargill's Lecompte La plant.
You'd probably have to know how to read the code on the bag to find out exactly where the cubes come from..or maybe corner & bribe the truck driver that delivers them....

Hook, with that county being so far South and all the recent rains, is here any chance it's forage related.....tetany or maybe a mag problem if there's been any spurt of new growth? I'm several degrees Lat north of that location and I'm seeing quite a bit of new green coming up here, tho the cows don't let it get very tall. Been unseasonably warm for about 2 weeks now and plenty of moisture.

Caustic Burno":4jilqcj7 said:
Lucky":4jilqcj7 said:

Bingo!
Purina use to make the Dumor brand of feed they sold. Not sure who makes this. Check the guaranteed analysis of the feed. It should have manufacturer at bottom of tag. Minneapolis address will be Cargill, St. Louis address will be Purina.

mwj":dv1bdm5k said:
Do these ''cubes'' use urea as a protein source?
Maybe not purposely but a good chance a bad mistake put a bunch in the mix. Mixing "Mistakes" usually only happen on one batch though and that would only be 2-3 tons.

TexasBred":1v6pvfvk said:
mwj":1v6pvfvk said:
Do these ''cubes'' use urea as a protein source?
Maybe not purposely but a good chance a bad mistake put a bunch in the mix. Mixing "Mistakes" usually only happen on one batch though and that would only be 2-3 tons.
I stopped by my TSC today to see if they knew anything about it, and they said this was the first they had heard of it. Still had pallets of PP 20% cubes sitting in the middle of the floor for sale.

bird dog":jwa8uq6c said:
I would bet the cubes are made somewhere locally. I don't think they want to pay the freight form one mill to all of their stores.
Oh they would be but Cargill and Purina use Minneapolis and St. Louis address on all their feeds regardless of where manufactured. They probably also have production codes etc. that will show exactly where and when those cubes were made as well as where they were all shipped.