20 bales 4×5.5 haygrazer delivered $55 texas

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score
20 bales delivered 4X5.5 for $55 haygrazer. was $45 but price went up for delivery. Fair price? Not realistic to pick up myself. Should I keep looking? Located central Texas.

I would believe it's about like same here as there. Hay is very competitive right now. And prices are pretty good.
I just bought in 40 rolls of absolutely beautiful Klein grass for 50.00 delivered.
60 rolls of haygrazer for 40.00 delivered.
Average weight 1200 pounds.
I'll add some Milo later in the year at 40.per ton.

Buy local and from more than one source. Let em know your buying front their competition. After a few years your prices will start getting better than

Never put up haygrazer, but pics of seen look like sudex. If not cut right, it could be all stem. Just throwing that out there. Also, size is definatly to be considered when buying

Ask what it tests....if it does 10 % and a bale weighs more than 1000 lbs.....probably a decent price....

Fence.....precisely the reason I no longer am interested in growing hay to sell....

Bigfoot":xouveqtl said:
Never put up haygrazer, but pics of seen look like sudex. If not cut right, it could be all stem. Just throwing that out there. Also, size is definatly to be considered when buying

Yes same thing. Must be cut with a mowco.
This year it got cut a little late pretty much every were due to wet weather
1982vett":xouveqtl said:
Ask what it tests....if it does 10 % and a bale weighs more than 1000 lbs.....probably a decent price....

Fence.....precisely the reason I no longer am interested in growing hay to sell....

I looked into having some bales this year. 30.00$ a roll on 22 acres. Why would I do that when I can buy it delivered for 40.00? My cows are cutting mine.

BK9954":1amn3zqh said:
20 bales delivered 4X5.5 for $55 haygrazer. was $45 but price went up for delivery. Fair price? Not realistic to pick up myself. Should I keep looking? Located central Texas.
I paid 50 bucks delivered it was local delivery that was also for fertilized tiff.

BK9954":n2krzl38 said:
My cattle like the haygrazer over the tifton is why I try to stick to that.
I don't give a shyt what mine like only that I need 30 pounds of forage to fill a rumen a day.
If my cows can't make it on my grass and hay provided maintain BCS and produce a calf every 12 months they are gone for a better cow.

haygrazer they will eat even with green grass. This help with the spring time bloat. With the mild winter last year in Texas I barely used my hay so what I bought in the summer last year I am still using now. We had edible grass almost all year. Haygrazer is something my cattle will go to no matter what. Like someone said on this site you can never have enough hay and things are starting to dry up so I am stocking up for the winter while prices are low.

BK9954":2qpwcvzw said:
haygrazer they will eat even with green grass. This help with the spring time bloat. With the mild winter last year in Texas I barely used my hay so what I bought in the summer last year I am still using now. We had edible grass almost all year. Haygrazer is something my cattle will go to no matter what. Like someone said on this site you can never have enough hay and things are starting to dry up so I am stocking up for the winter while prices are low.

They like it because it's sweet. In most cases it's also better feed than Bermuda.

Got the haygrazer 55 per bale. $5 higher per bale then I wanted but this stuff is beautiful and heavily fertilized. Small stemmed and cut at the right time. Also found a local guy that delivered 20 4X6 of coastal for $50 a bale. I normally dont feed too much coastal but for 6 foot bales delivered I will feed it. Plus earned me a local connection. Turns out this guy bales hay all around me. If we dont get anymore rain here in Central Tx I am going to be glad I got it. There are people trying to sell johnson grass bales for $60. Cant believe it. I wont have it on my property. Using herbacide to try to kill the little bit I have now.

BK9954":2or2ne6k said:
Got the haygrazer 55 per bale. $5 higher per bale then I wanted but this stuff is beautiful and heavily fertilized. Small stemmed and cut at the right time. Also found a local guy that delivered 20 4X6 of coastal for $50 a bale. I normally dont feed too much coastal but for 6 foot bales delivered I will feed it. Plus earned me a local connection. Turns out this guy bales hay all around me. If we dont get anymore rain here in Central Tx I am going to be glad I got it. There are people trying to sell johnson grass bales for $60. Cant believe it. I wont have it on my property. Using herbacide to try to kill the little bit I have now.

Bout the only thing better than good haygrazer. Is good Johnson grass.

callmefence":1vq1ijh7 said:
BK9954":1vq1ijh7 said:

Its good hay but not trying to spread anymore seed on my property. A guy sold me some hay last year and a bale broke open so I fed it right there in the pasture. Didnt tell me it had any johnson grass. Now this year its the only spot with a big circle of johnson grass in the middle. I have just made up my mind to try to stay away if at all possible. I have johnson grass growing along my creek line and the road but doing my best to keep it off the ranch.

callmefence":27rbh7a6 said:
BK9954":27rbh7a6 said:

My dad cussed Johnson Grass with a passion all his life......then one year he planted a field of the stuff. :lol: :lol: Cattle loved him for it.

The toxicity history after drought then rain is my concern. Some people never have a problem with it, some people have. I still have coastal my grandfather planted, medio and native grasses. I dont want to have to restrict my cattle from pastures when the johnson grass might be toxic with prussic acid after a rain. My veteranarians have warned me about it. Why take a chance. But the cattle love sweet johnson grass. Everytime they have had it they eat it up.

Latest posts