2 chi heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

*Cowgirl*

Reaction score
DOB = 4/06

DSCN0133.jpg

DSCN0146.jpg

DSCN0137.jpg

good looking heifers.... just one question What percentage of Chianina are they?

oakcreekfarms":1ntdsqph said:
so actually they are angus cross heifers
Only if you consider Brangus (for example) as just an angus cross. Brangus look a lot different from angus as do Chiangus cattle

A chiangus is a chi crossed w/ angus. You can also have chifords (not real popular) chimaines or plain old chi crosses.The 1st heifer is a PCA 2nd is Chianina cross

I realize that, I just thought it was kind funny that you described them as chi heifers, when chi is the smallest %.

would you feel better if I wrote out : "1 Chiangus heifer and 1 Chianina cross heifer"

Honestly I'm just too lazy to go into all that detail when naming a thread. Most people understand that when they hear "chi heifer" it's a chianina cross heifer. There are VERY few fullbloods around any more. In fact, the assoc. no longer holds fullblood shows. Anything you hear described as "chi" is usually 30% or less

I was joking with you, please don't take it seriously. What you wrote is fine, I know that is how everyone describes a %chi animal.

Anything 62.5% Angus and 74% ? angus, I would call ANGUS ..... Where as Brangus (black or red) are a fixed breed with many gens. of selection.....They are nice Heifers.....

alftn":5cqfjxr5 said:
Anything 62.5% Angus and 74% ? angus, I would call ANGUS ..... Where as Brangus (black or red) are a fixed breed with many gens. of selection.....They are nice Heifers.....

Well, I'm out of my league but I think you'll find that a sho nuff brangus is 62.5% angus and 37.5% brahman. Would you call that an angus. I agree with everyone; they are very nice heifers.

My point, I would not call a cow that was 12% of something as if it was 100%...And yes I would say a Brangus is a whole lot more angus as to Bramma. also think Brangus, St. Gert , Beefmasters all have a lot of years of selection going in to them, not as if Brangus is just a 5/8 and 3/8 cross...

Latest posts