16 year old daughter

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 3 and 4 year old and I have been reading this over and over. After seeing how some of the girls I went to high school with have ended up as far as their lives, families are concerned. I do not care what color, race or creed my daughters marry. So long as they are treated well and one day my grandchildren are cared for and treated in a proper manner. I was a rebel flag waving and well you know the rest from a kid to a few years out of high school and that's when I realized what an be nice I was.

Caustic Burno":2vdu94gb said:
Tod Dague":2vdu94gb said:
Hippie Rancher":2vdu94gb said:
Do you really think that Jesus would wear his pants 10 sizes to big, his underwear showing, hat turned sideways, multiple tattoos, and piercings all over the place?

I wouldn't dare to presume what the man might wear. That was my point.

Where do you get the idea he would show up dressed however YOU consider is respectable ...here in the US? What if he shows up back in the homeland? What if he shows up in the middle of the African Congo? Antarctica? You really have the inside track? Wow, must be nice to be so certain about folks by the way they dress. Are you the same about skin color?
What does skin color have to do with anything. You sure do like to take things to the lowest denominator. You don't choose your skin color you do chose what you wear, and what you wear says alot about you. If you want to think Jesus may posibly be dressed as a thug feel free. You have your right to your belifes and I have a right yo mine. Why is it that you feel that every one needs to think like you.

Do you really think that Jesus would wear his pants 10 sizes to big, his underwear showing, hat turned sideways, multiple tattoos, and piercings all over the place?

Well Tod we know he was a carpenter and most likely dressed as the carpenters of the day.
As to lower life forms I have yet to see one of those gothic people(if that is what they are) or the guy with his pants ten time's to big work. Thought I read somewhere to cast off the tree that didn't bear fruit.

In that line of thought Q & A from biblestudy.org

Q. Why did the soldiers cast lots for Jesus' clothes?

A. It is not commonly known, but Jesus was not a poor, wretched beggar. He worked with his father (step-father) Joseph in the family carpentry business, and continued that work as he grew older. He was referred to as the "carpenter's son and the carpenter." (Mat. 13:55; Mark 6:3)

That profession would equate today with someone who was a building contractor and therefore He would have been fairly well off financially.

As one who "did no sin", he would have kept all the laws of health perfectly, and therefore, would keep bathed and clean. His clothing would have been the best he could afford, and therefore not beggar's rags.

That is the reason his garments were shared among the soldiers, but for the coat they "cast lots" to see who would have it completely because they didn't want to divide such an expensive garment.

-------------------------------------------------------------

My final word will be, it might be Judgemental, whatever you want to accuse me of is fine by me.

I only have 3 kids and 18 years to help mold them, outside influence is one of the biggest stumbling blocks my children will encounter to undermine my helping them to grow up as respectful and contributing members of society. Look at Chrissy's remark about how her son got hooked up with some bad kids.

So I will use all the sense God gave me if they smell bad, look bad, sound bad, leave a bad taste in my mouth, or give me a bad feeling. I will not let my kids associate with them outside of school.

That is all I can do as a parent is teach them the best I can and then restrict their contact with those that will undermine what I have taught them.

Hippie Rancher":378681cl said:

Where do you get the idea he would show up dressed however YOU consider is respectable ...here in the US? What if he shows up back in the homeland? What if he shows up in the middle of the African Congo? Antarctica? You really have the inside track? Wow, must be nice to be so certain about folks by the way they dress. Are you the same about skin color?

Bingo!

aplusmnt":3b1jyodh said:
The portrayal of Jesus in pictures is so off the mark and so Shameful.

How do you know? Were you there?

When Jesus died the guards cast lots (basically flipping a coin) to see who got his clothes. Even his undergarments. Do you think this was because they thought they could sell them on ebay? Or they wanted a souvenir? They did it because his clothes were of the up most quality. Times were hard and that nice of clothes had value. Jesus did not dress like a slob, scripture and common sense would tell us he was a well dressed, respectable looking person for his time. (John 19:23-25)

And then

In 1 Timothy 2:9 there is counsel given for how the women should be dressed. "I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes"

And what makes you so sure that the bible is a correct interpretation of what Jesus or His disciples (sp?) said? It's been interpreted through at least 3 different languages, by more people and more times than I can count. What makes you so absolutely certain that none of them tweaked a passage here and there for their own purposes?

Jesus was not a hippie slob! Much like a business man would not be able to do his job if he was dirty and dis-shuffled in his appearance, neither would Jesus be able to do his Job if he was some Hippie looking slob, He would not have disrespected his Holy Father in this way. He would have been neat and presentable. And dressed appropriately for his environment and time in history.[/i]

You can think anything you like, but the fact of the matter is - you don't know for a fact that anything you've just stated is true. You weren't there.

msscamp":3uvch8vd said:
aplusmnt":3uvch8vd said:
The portrayal of Jesus in pictures is so off the mark and so Shameful.

How do you know? Were you there?

You can think anything you like, but the fact of the matter is - you don't know for a fact that anything you've just stated is true. You weren't there.

I was done, but since you asked me a direct question.

I know for a fact because Jesus was Jewish, and all the pictures I see of him do not depict a Jewish person, skin color, hair color. I know he was a perfect human without sin and would not be dirty and beggar like.

I know the bible sets out standards and obviously Jesus would have followed them.

Basically I have read and studied the bible, not just the parts of it that fit my philosophy's. God is love, but you can not live only on that, God is also about obedience to be obedient we have to learn what the rules and principals are.

I believe that when Jesus himself spoke at:

1 Corinthians 11:14 "Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him,"

that maybe them pictures of him with long scroungy hair are not accurate.

Basically as I say I believe in the bible, there are lots more like the one above. You can not just stick to a few ones that make you fill all warm and cozy inside, you have to step up sometimes and cut that pony tail off, no matter how much you think it makes you look pretty. ;-)

Christianity is a Verb not a noun!

Caustic Burno":28kbjjvy said:
Tod Dague":28kbjjvy said:
Hippie Rancher":28kbjjvy said:

What does skin color have to do with anything. You sure do like to take things to the lowest denominator. You don't choose your skin color you do chose what you wear, and what you wear says alot about you. If you want to think Jesus may posibly be dressed as a thug feel free. You have your right to your belifes and I have a right yo mine. Why is it that you feel that every one needs to think like you.

Well Tod we know he was a carpenter and most likely dressed as the carpenters of the day.
As to lower life forms I have yet to see one of those gothic people(if that is what they are) or the guy with his pants ten time's to big work. Thought I read somewhere to cast off the tree that didn't bear fruit.

I as I said was a goth as was my daughter, we both went to University, as a goth, both got a degree, not at the same time I hasten to add, I became a Teacher, she became a Production Design Manager.
My son who used to wear his trousers ten times to big pants showing and hat turned round, now has an apprenticeship with a big car/motorbike company. He was with a bad crowd would go off after school with them I couldn't find him went out looking, many a time, but thankfully he got away from them and has changed into one off the nicest guys you would want to meet. I wasn't going to mention my two brothers, both millionaires, one at work you wouldn't think he has two pennies to rub together as he works on a building site all day, comes home and dresses immaculate, and the other goes to work in $1000 suits comes home and puts on clothes I would have thrown away years ago, and they get called eccentrics!!

chrisy":15ih0zcr said:
Caustic Burno":15ih0zcr said:
Tod Dague":15ih0zcr said:
Hippie Rancher":15ih0zcr said:

I as I said was a goth as was my daughter, we both went to University, as a goth, both got a degree, not at the same time I hasten to add, I became a Teacher, she became a Production Design Manager.
My son who used to wear his trousers ten times to big pants showing and hat turned round, now has an apprenticeship with a big car/motorbike company. He was with a bad crowd would go off after school with them I couldn't find him went out looking, many a time, but thankfully he got away from them and has changed into one off the nicest guys you would want to meet. I wasn't going to mention my two brothers, both millionaires, one at work you wouldn't think he has two pennies to rub together as he works on a building site all day, comes home and dresses immaculate, and the other goes to work in $1000 suits comes home and puts on clothes I would have thrown away years ago, and they get called eccentrics!!

Problem is flip the coin and on the other side is lots of kids that did not come back around. That are drug dealers, murders, misc. criminals. I am glad your family came back around, but you are using them as example when this is not necessarily the norm.

Plus think like when your son was running around with those bad kids, was he responsible for being a bad influence to other kids that did not make the same changes as he did and now there lives are ruined, no matter how much you son changes he can not reverse what bad influence he might have been to some other kid at that time.

Wouldn't you have rather he never ran with the bad influences after school? That is what we are talking about, trying to keep our kids from going through them rough years that your son did. Trying to figure out who them bad kids are and keeping our children away from them. Sorry if Gothic dress fits our profiling but lots of other things do also, dress is not the only way to tell, it is just one of the tools we have at our disposal.

What the Bible says about clothing and fashions

Women may not wear men's clothing or vice versa -- it's an "abomination unto the Lord."

"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God." -- Deuteronomy 22:5

Women may not braid their hair, wear gold, pearls, or expensive clothing.

"Women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array." -- 1 Timothy 2:9

"Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel." -- 1 Peter 3:3

Don't wear garments with wool and linen blended together.

"Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together." -- Deuteronomy 22:11

A man's hair should be short, and a woman's long.

"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." -- 1 Corinthians 11:14-15

God will punish those who wear strange clothes.

"I will punish ... all such as are clothed with strange apparel. -- Zephaniah 1:8

Priests must wear linen, not wool, and may not wear any garment that makes them sweat.

"But the priests ... shall be clothed with linen garments; and no wool shall come upon them. They shall have linen bonnets upon their heads, and shall have linen breeches upon their loins; they shall not gird themselves with any thing that causeth sweat." -- Ezekiel 44:15-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts