120v remote fencer

Help Support CattleToday:

I tried something like that once, I found the inverter was too inefficient for such a small load... Maybe yours is better though.

Nice heifers pictured there though!

I switched out to a 100w panel I had here, the 40w never has seemed to work right.

The 100w is putting out 5amps

Supa Dexta":3df9bybc said:
I switched out to a 100w panel I had here, the 40w never has seemed to work right.

The 100w is putting out 5amps
How's the 100w panel doing? I may need to switch out my 40w for a 100w. Can't tell if its the panel, the charge controller, or the battery, but I want to see a better charge. We have been cloudy/rain as well, which plays a factor.

I used some old tubs to make a water proof housing. Worked out good. I didn't have the panel hooked to it in these pics.

IMG_4612_1.jpg

IMG_4567_1.jpg

I'll have to head back out and check it, maybe this afternoon. Been a couple days of mostly sun. If the sun is out even half way good its usually putting out 4 amps or more.

Couldn't get that 40w to put out more than 0.1A so something is def wrong with it.

I stopped by later in the afternoon, it was half cloudy at the time and the battery was at 13.6v, and charging at 0.8A. So all good so far.

Latest posts