Steve - Battery fencer box - Parmak Magnum fencer

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
Meant to share this earlier in the summer - how I do my battery boxes. Rubbermaid tub, drilled through the handles to secure with zip ties. Drilled through the one side (under handle) to thread insulated power and ground cables through - keeping water out. In fall, I unhook and leave cables at the site and just remove the tub with fencer and battery. Keep extra zip ties in tub to reseal box if I ever open it up to check.

IMG_20160717_180256.jpg

IMG_20160717_180301.jpg

IMG_20160717_180308.jpg

IMG_20160717_180317.jpg

Nice. Makes my ice cream pail look crude.
Parmak came out with a revised Magnum this fall. Plastic case, no on/off switch, lower joule rating, and a higher price...
Looks more water resistant though.

Stocker Steve":23enf83i said:
lower joule rating, and a higher price...

Just looked up.

New joule rating is 3.1, old was 3.0

Regular price online is 99.99 US, old was 130.00 US I think. I always waited until they came on sale for $90.

pricefarm":kichuzmt said:
How long does the battery last before having to charge ?

I put it out in middle of June, never checked again and picked up yesterday, still ticking. Lucky I remembered it, I have been so busy and it completely slipped my mind. Wouldn't be able to retrieve it once we get a foot of snow.

Just wondering I bought one this spring and put it out about aug and it's still on the same battery. The fence isn't long just around a pond.

pricefarm":2q1ij90q said:
How long does the battery last before having to charge ?

Depends.
Not sure on effect of fence load.
On an older battery mine will run down in 3 to 4 weeks.
Don't want to freeze the battery...

Latest posts