110 mig welder????

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Mine seems to have laid down it's life. If you were getting a new one, what would it be? I don't have 220 capability anywhere but my shop. I need the portability of the 110.

Bigfoot":2uvhvqz2 said:
Mine seems to have laid down it's life. If you were getting a new one, what would it be? I don't have 220 capability anywhere but my shop. I need the portability of the 110.

Have one of the Lincoln handy mig machines great for the light jobs.
Use flux core wire ten pound spool last forever.
Lowes sells them fairly cheap.
Love mine put a small generator on the Mule along with it, great for the small job that needs one or two welds.

No problems with my Hobart 140 either, though wouldn't have had a problem with a Lincoln either. I just bought a Hobart so when I run of tips or something on a Sunday, I can run into TSC and get back to work.

I've used and abused my Miller 135 for about 15 years and have no complaints. I bought a Miller 211 a few years ago, and it's twice as nice. Runs on 110 or 220, and portable. Also has spool gun capability, should you ever need to weld Aluminum or stainless. I would not hesitate to recommend the 211.

I'm gonna go for the Miller or Hobart one of these days that runs on both 110 or 220. Seems like the most flexible option for sure. Maybe Santa will bring one for me...

I have had Miller sticks for 40 years, only replacing the first one because I wanted an ACDC (Miller 130) over my original AC only which was still working fine.

On portables, I bought the Farmhand 85 from TSC and initially with .035 flux wire. Didn't work very well and dropped down to .030....made a huge difference........Perfect for purlins or other light duty work.....Haven't tried it on drill pipe fencing. I also have loaded the Miller and a power unit (6.5 kW) in my FEL bucket and took the pair out to do drill pipe fencing repair with 6011 rods. On 230 AC units I bought the HF 151 MIG with gas and it does what I need done for a cheap unit. Bought their roll around cart and get gas from TSC. Makes a nice rig to have around the shop for my STO requirements. Actually, I use it for all my welding these days; just handier and does a nicer job.

Latest posts