11 months and waiting-pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Today is our mares due date, checked her this morning, looks like lots of walking to the barn today...waxed up and waiting. :shock:

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

Alan

Alan, exciting, isn't it? Hows the weather there...will she foal indoors? I see you've got her tail braided. Good luck, will be watching for a foal pic VERY soon!

Thanks Gale my stalls are set up so I can take the center wall out, which I did. She is in a 24x12 foaling stall... I hate picking a stall with straw bedding!

Alan

Just a little more info on the pic. you can see wax plugs on the end of the mare teats. It's a sign that she should foal within the next 24 hrs. Hopfully early this afternoon, and while I'm at it, hopfully a bay filly, with a sweet, gentle, intellegent mind and a want to please attitude... is that asking for too much?

Alan

Alan":1hkxnoh3 said:
and while I'm at it, hopfully a bay filly, with a sweet, gentle, intellegent mind and a want to please attitude... is that asking for too much?

Alan

I'm superstitious...think I'll jinx myself if I say what I'm hoping for aloud...so now I just pray "whatever it is, please let it be born safely and be alive."

Can't remember, is this her first foal? Hooves crossed here for you!

Gale Seddon":5ngunllr said:
Alan":5ngunllr said:
and while I'm at it, hopfully a bay filly, with a sweet, gentle, intellegent mind and a want to please attitude... is that asking for too much?

Alan

I'm superstitious...think I'll jinx myself if I say what I'm hoping for aloud...so now I just pray "whatever it is, please let it be born safely and be alive."

Can't remember, is this her first foal? Hooves crossed here for you!

No she is per brood mare, I have owned her for 2 yrs, she is 12 and this is her 7th foal. I own 2 of the seven she has had, I found her and fell in love with her when I bought my now 4 yr old gelding as a weanling. She has had 5 colts of the 6 on the ground... she is due for a filly, but I'll take a colt as long as it is healthy.

Alan

Well then, I'd say she's due for a filly too, and I hope you get one!!! Hope she's being considerate and not gonna keep you up all night...bet you're out in the barn now!

Gale Seddon":3s7f0owy said:
Well then, I'd say she's due for a filly too, and I hope you get one!!! Hope she's being considerate and not gonna keep you up all night...bet you're out in the barn now!

Yea, came in for dinner, looks like she's going take me into the night shift. :( She's doing of a mix of chewing, licking, stomping a foot and biting at her belly. But the foal is having a real party in there all over the place. Hope it's soon.

Alan

RebelCritter":1wdar01t said:
Update? Love to see pictures of the new baby!

I would too, I was checking in until 3:30 am fed at 6:30 much more wax but no foal yet, she's still eating breakfast and I'm tried and still waiting... 11 months, 1 day and waiting. My wife keeps putting water on the stove and making watch it boil, says there is more action that way.

Thanks,
Alan

Fingers crossed for both you and your mare! I'd be a nervous wreck by now. My mom has told me that if I ever get my Appy mare bred it'll be worse than me having my own child. :lol:

Alan, I hate to tell you but it IS going to be a colt. I hope he is not like my Idiot. ;-)

flaboy-":21hrk3ea said:
Alan, I hate to tell you but it IS going to be a colt. I hope he is not like my Idiot. ;-)

Thanks for the support Flaboy :( IT IS GOING TO BE A FILLY! DAMIT! LOL.

Just had the rear brains removed from my last foal out of this mare, I think I mentioned on this board how tough he was and stuck on jerk. Well as a 2 yr old he earned the right to be a gelding.

Alan

Bag does not look that sowlen but bag can come on after the birth - personally I look more to the area around the tail set and the Valva - - Bags can fool ya! :roll: ;-)

Alan":1rgr6m0d said:
flaboy-":1rgr6m0d said:

Thanks for the support Flaboy :( IT IS GOING TO BE A FILLY! DAMIT! LOL.

Just had the rear brains removed from my last foal out of this mare, I think I mentioned on this board how tough he was and stuck on jerk. Well as a 2 yr old he earned the right to be a gelding.

Alan

Been there done that!

Hey I will owe you a beer if we ever meet and it turns out to be a filly. I do hope I owe you a beer but.............. ;-)

Old Dog/New Tricks":29kj11st said:
Bag does not look that sowlen but bag can come on after the birth - personally I look more to the area around the tail set and the Valva - - Bags can fool ya! :roll: ;-)

Thanks OD/NT, bad angle of the pic but bag is all the way there, nipples had swollen in the last week or so, back end is mush and tail has released and 1/4 inch + of wax now. Just need a foal... time to start drinking, maybe I'll start seeing 2 mares and one of them will foal!

Alan

Latest posts