11 months and waiting- pics update

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Born about 4:30 this morning left coast time. Pics are of him at 3 hrs old. I checked mom at 3:30 no foal, I whispered the words C-section in her ear and by 5 we had a nice healthy bay colt. Colt, thanks for the negitive vibes Flaboy :mad: Just kidding, glad to have it on the ground.

Alan

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

Alan, I won't tell you how I knew because everyone would just say "yeah sure". Here is a hint and I'm sure OD/NT will understand being an old cowboy like myself. You gave me some info when you originally said how long you had been waiting?

Anyway congrats Dad. Oh, and did you see where Idiot hooked up with me?

Hey congratulations, Alan. Two outa three ain't bad (bay, intelligent, gender). Looks like mom's doing a good job with a very nice foal. Bet you're relieved....and if you can tear yourself away from the barn, go take a well-deserved nap! When you turn them out together for the first time, don't forget your camera.

cowspider":23789zp9 said:
Whats the breeding behind the little guy ??? :cboy:

Thanks to all! I've been accused on this board by others (I don't think the accusers are still here) of having new fancy horses. I believe in having a functionable all around horse. I breed pleasure horses, I'm hesitant to list his breeding but here it goes. The sire is Zips Chocolate Chip and the mare is a Kay Cee Leaguer daughter of of a full sister to a horse named Triples. I trail ride all my horses ride them around the ranch etc. and yes I do send some out to be shown also. They are not "fancy" I just enjoy beeding what I think is a nice horse. I like the pleasure lines because unlike some of the rieners and cutters, pleasure lines are usally big enough to carry my big belly around The mare is 15.2, my 4 yr gelding out of her is 15.3 may reach 16 before it's done but he'll pack my 260Lbs all day.

JMO,
Alan

flaboy-":21nlvbs5 said:
Alan, I won't tell you how I knew because everyone would just say "yeah sure". Here is a hint and I'm sure OD/NT will understand being an old cowboy like myself. You gave me some info when you originally said how long you had been waiting?

Anyway congrats Dad. Oh, and did you see where Idiot hooked up with me?

Hey Flaboy thanks, yea I read this morning the "Idiot" hooked up with you. Sounds like the sessions are going well.

Teach me something else, what's your thoughts on knowing it was going to be a colt? Fillies seem to be early?

I would like to know also is "Idiot" going to be his barn name?

Alan

Gale Seddon":1qtyt0sj said:
Hey congratulations, Alan. Two outa three ain't bad (bay, intelligent, gender). Looks like mom's doing a good job with a very nice foal. Bet you're relieved....and if you can tear yourself away from the barn, go take a well-deserved nap! When you turn them out together for the first time, don't forget your camera.

Thanks, Gale

2 out of 3 I'll take it. I've been working on imprinting this morning and think he'll be a nice one. He's very curious and brave, he walked right up to me the the first time I went in to work with him (after I made sure he was nursing and mom was okay). He's letting me rub the sensitive spots, pole, belly, legs, ears without too much fear. I was filling the water buckets in the stall this morning and the sound spooked him a little but he quickly turned around and walked up to the noise to check it out, I think it's the sign of a good horse that will turn to face the fear rather than high tail it.

Again, thanks for the good words.
Alan

Alan-Nice looking mare and colt-- I like the star....A little "chrome" never hurts to pretty them up...

I've been riding my 3 year old all black mare during calving giving her a little experience-- keep hoping I don't need her in the middle of the night because I probably couldn't find her in the corral on a dark night ;-) :lol:

Alan":1zeu1ymm said:
Hey Flaboy thanks, yea I read this morning the "Idiot" hooked up with you. Sounds like the sessions are going well.

Teach me something else, what's your thoughts on knowing it was going to be a colt? Fillies seem to be early?

I would like to know also is "Idiot" going to be his barn name?

Alan

You know, IDIOT used to be his name. Now it's just Idiot :lol: Maybe he will make it one day to idiot and hopfully in the future he will regain his real name Son short for Sonofadun.

Can't give ya all my secrets. You have't taught me everything you know yet. ;-)

GOOD FOR YOU ALAN!! glad to see that there's someone else besides myself who thinks that getting a good horse is actually more important than their lines. Best horse I have right now is grade, and when my wife was growing up they had a neighbor who had a $20,000 rodeo horse that wasn't registered. Breed for temperment and confirmation and you're much better off in my opinion.

Alan":l8xdvmp4 said:
cowspider":l8xdvmp4 said:
Whats the breeding behind the little guy ??? :cboy:

Thanks to all! I've been accused on this board by others (I don't think the accusers are still here) of having new fancy horses. I believe in having a functionable all around horse. I breed pleasure horses, I'm hesitant to list his breeding but here it goes. The sire is Zips Chocolate Chip and the mare is a Kay Cee Leaguer daughter of of a full sister to a horse named Triples. I trail ride all my horses ride them around the ranch etc. and yes I do send some out to be shown also. They are not "fancy" I just enjoy beeding what I think is a nice horse. I like the pleasure lines because unlike some of the rieners and cutters, pleasure lines are usally big enough to carry my big belly around The mare is 15.2, my 4 yr gelding out of her is 15.3 may reach 16 before it's done but he'll pack my 260Lbs all day.

JMO,
Alan

Latest posts