$102k @ Holdens/$160k @ Coopers

Help Support CattleToday:

Already expressed my views on ranchers and got a little chewed on.
Only comment?
A sucker born every minute.

CL 1 Domino 105Y
cl1-domino-105y.jpg

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... 4&9=5F5E51

HH-Advance-1098Y
HH-Advance-1098Y-(800x517).jpg

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... 32E&9=5D5E

Nice bulls for sure. I agree with Iso, would be nice to be on the selling end of that deal.
But in reality, what are the chances that either one of these bulls coming from linebred
programs will be the best breeding bull of the offering?? It is possible that a $7500 herd mate
has the potential to out breed either one of those two. Of course, I would not like to hear
that if I'm one of the buyers, but it is possible.

Exactly, if you would look at the bulls from the sale of approximately ten years ago. Look for the ones who made an impact, I'll bet very few times they were the top seller.

The 105Y bull was my pick of the Cooper offering after looking at all the videos. I've been able to pick the top seller from just looking at Cooper's videos for the last 3 years straight.

I'm not nearly as good with judging the Holden videos for some reason. I picked the 1049Y bull this year and the top seller was not even in my top 5 picks. I haven't picked the Holden top seller since 8203U four years ago.

The new owners are going to need to sell a lot of semen from those bulls to recoup those prices.

George

ALACOWMAN":vbg01ihb said:
dont know his exact words,, but northern rancher would say ...theres a bigger difference in a 2000k and 5000k bulls, then 5000K to 50.000k
:nod:

sounds like a whole lot of back scratching going on with those bull sales.to pay for those bulls youd need to sell about 4000 straws of semen at $100 a pop.plus theres no telling what their bull an heifer calves will bring at their next sale.

A lot of it will be chalked up as advertising. Just look, who had heard of Flying S before.
There are always a few out there that try buying the top bull to ride in on the shirttails of Cooper and Holden or any other big name breeder. How about Randy Owen or remember guys buying from 26 Bar.
I don't worry about someone selling a bull for that price or even buying for that price. It has happened for ages and will continue.

Was there a Cooper at the Holden sale and a Holden at the Cooper sale? Frankly in my not very experienced judgement I don't like either of those bulls but want them longer lower and smaller frame size.

If those bulls are worth over 100k what are these two worth? I snapped a picture of my Huth bull and my retained bull last Sunday when I gave them their weekly gentling treat.

Huth U070:

IMG_0135_BullU070SundayTreat031112.jpg

My retained bull #22 (from my best cow and used to spread her genes through some of my other commercial cow families):

IMG_0153_RetainedBull22SundayTreat031112.jpg

Jim.

Latest posts