10 things you didn;t know about the flag

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Watched a very interesting program on the history channel titled "10 things you didn;t know about the flag".
Can;t help myself but feel a sense of reverance and emotion when I watched it. Granted that it just a simple symbol, but to me it IS the United States. I would think that poeple from all countrys would (hopefully) feel the same way about their countrys flag. Maybe it's the pain meds, but dam it made me emotional. Makes me want to put the flag pole I had in the front yard back up and start flying the flag again.

Addendum to origianl. I loked up the National Anthem and found that only the first verse is what I've ever heard, it's sung as if it's the entire thing, and it isn;t. There are several more verses. Also looked up America the beautiful, same deal, the common usuegae is only the first verse. Now the intersting (to me) part is I can sing (poorly) the entire song by Lee Greenwood "God bless the USA".

I regret missing the program about the flag on history channel Nothing is more beautiful that looking at our flag blowing in the wind against a blue sky. Goose bumps come on me every time I see it or hear the "Star Spangled Banner." When my daughter was in high school, she sang "The Star-Spangled Banner"before football and baseball games. That would bring tears to my eyes and still does today when I hear it sung, if it is sung correctly. The prettiest verse of "America the Beautiful" is the fourth. O beautiful for patriot dream,That sees beyond the years, Thine alabaster cities gleam, Undimmed by human tears! America, America! God shed His grace on thee, And crown thy good with brotherhood From sea to shining sea. Of course the first verse is beautiful,too. I hope children are singing these songs in school now and learning about the flag and all the other symbols of our country. Much of our American History was being taken out of the curriculum before I retired. I always tried to teach it and as much Georgia History as time allowed. We must teach our children to love our country, the flag, and know why we are able to fly it and enjoy the freedoms that we have left.

And yet it is so sad that instead of celebrating all that made us great and will guide our tomorrows you have to worry about someone's panties in a knot because God is mentioned. Well I don't care God Bless America.

dun":3vc7syny said:
Addendum to origianl. I loked up the National Anthem and found that only the first verse is what I've ever heard, it's sung as if it's the entire thing, and it isn;t. There are several more verses. Also looked up America the beautiful, same deal, the common usuegae is only the first verse. Now the intersting (to me) part is I can sing (poorly) the entire song by Lee Greenwood "God bless the USA".

Check this out Dun.

http://youtu.be/YaxGNQE5ZLA

Latest posts