02 F450 - nightmare

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":1lzh8bu1 said:
Check into Ford's recall program for a cruise control fix. Not sure if an '02 is part of that, but it might be your problem. Several trucks caught fire from the problem.

Only applys to gas engines, not a problem with diesels

dun

Yes, I heard about that cruse control problem. Checked w/ Ford dealer - no recalls for my truck on anything - shucks!!! was hoping they were going to recall the WHOLE TRUCK :p
Hate to talk that way, I LOVE my F350's of the past.

Does your Ford have the heated tailgate option; sure is a lot more comfortable on the hands when you're pushing it to the shop!!!!!! :p :p :p :lol: :lol: ;-)

cowsense":26fc4xvg said:
Does your Ford have the heated tailgate option; sure is a lot more comfortable on the hands when you're pushing it to the shop!!!!!! :p :p :p :lol: :lol: ;-)

That was discussed a few weeks back. That feature is standard equipment on Chevies, but Ford doesn't feel the need to offer it. Think about it, GM products push On-Star on all their vehicles for when they break down. There's a reason Ford doesn't offer On-Star or the like. :p

cfpinz

cfpinz":2tqzyvoh said:
cowsense":2tqzyvoh said:

That was discussed a few weeks back. That feature is standard equipment on Chevies, but Ford doesn't feel the need to offer it. Think about it, GM products push On-Star on all their vehicles for when they break down. There's a reason Ford doesn't offer On-Star or the like. :p

cfpinz

CFPINZ, you're so full of it your eyes are brown! :lol: :lol:

cowsense":3la6o403 said:
:D :D :D
Hadn't heard that one!!!
Anyway, after fiddling with all wires & re-vamping some - so far no short - but I did go out & buy a "breaker" instead of a fuse for that spot.
They never could "force" it to blow - go figure :shock:

Earl Thigpen":2p541qyw said:
cfpinz":2p541qyw said:
cowsense":2p541qyw said:

cfpinz

CFPINZ, you're so full of it your eyes are brown! :lol: :lol:

Are you stalking me? :shock: :shock: :shock:

NO!! :mad: Had it at my repair shop (ex-dairyman - full time shop - friend) He played with wires - replaced some quesionables - never could get it to blow fuse - drove it honked horn non stop - nothing.
Got it back - blew 3rd day home. No rhyme or reason.
Gave up & got a "breaker" fuse.

Latest posts