“I come bearing good news." Rep. L. Gohmert

Help Support CattleToday:

I think we could cut a bunch of federal jobs and turn them over to the local state and get more bang for our buck.

I may be wrong about this but I have always felt that most any govt agency or large corporation could benefit by a cut of 25% of their personnel. I still see it today when I go to the DMV or as I am driving and there are three men watching one work. I have a friend that works for a large communication company. His entire job consists of sitting in his truck all day at a job site, just in case the people doing the work have a question. He is forever sending texts, pictures, and other stuff from his truck. I had to block him on my phone it got so bad. How is that work?

wacocowboy":35vvrign said:
I think we could cut a bunch of federal jobs and turn them over to the local state and get more bang for our buck.

Government job is a government job no matter at what level. Do any of you know Louie Gohmert I do and I have a blue heeler that has a higher IQ greater than Louie's.

melking":14bir0uy said:
I may be wrong about this but I have always felt that most any govt agency or large corporation could benefit by a cut of 25% of their personnel. I still see it today when I go to the DMV or as I am driving and there are three men watching one work. I have a friend that works for a large communication company. His entire job consists of sitting in his truck all day at a job site, just in case the people doing the work have a question. He is forever sending texts, pictures, and other stuff from his truck. I had to block him on my phone it got so bad. How is that work?

Some folks get get paid for what they know and not what they do.

hurleyjd":24ru9asn said:
wacocowboy":24ru9asn said:

Government job is a government job no matter at what level. Do any of you know Louie Gohmert I do and

I have a blue heeler that has a higher IQ greater than Louie's.

I didn't know Louie was a Democrat!

hurleyjd":2ennammf said:
wacocowboy":2ennammf said:

Government job is a government job no matter at what level. Do any of you know Louie Gohmert I do and I have a blue heeler that has a higher IQ greater than Louie's.
And you're crazy as he!!...He's a conservative. You're a flaming liberal. So you hate him. He's is a former chief justice of the Texas 12th Court of Appeals and Smith County state district judge. Yeah he talks pretty darn country so you judge him by that I suppose. BTW I believe he defeated his liberal democrat opponent like 65-35 in the election. That democrat must have really been one stupid SOB.

Old boy must have a pretty good IQ or old Hurley's dog has a higher IQ than Hurley.

Gohmert was born in Pittsburg, Texas, the son of Erma Sue (née Brooks) and Louis Buller Gohmert. He is of German descent on his father's side. Gohmert was raised in Mount Pleasant, Texas, where he graduated from the local high school in 1971. He then enrolled in Texas A&M University, receiving his B.A. in history in 1975.

Gohmert spent a summer as an exchange student in Ukraine. He received a U.S. Army scholarship while at Texas A&M, where he was a brigade commander of the Corps of Cadets and class president. He later received a law degree (Juris Doctor) from Baylor Law School in Waco, Texas in 1977, where he was also class president.

Latest posts