You, as a producer

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider said:
Ron, I understand how you base your argument on "standard of living" and "government cannot fix economics".

I could go on for days about how government distorts markets. For example, how profit is taxed in other countries and in the US, disparity in environmental regulations allowing lower cost productions, same for labor and safety laws.

Gauging the bare minimum a worker will accepts does factor in "standard of living", it is called exploitation.

In kind, I understand the influence of government and certainly governments worldwide influence the standard of living of their nations. Thus, we are somewhat on different paths.

My point is regardless of CAUSE and there are many, until and if ( big if) the standards of living balance, the US will continue to suffer a disadvantage competing against markets that can DO IT CHEAPER.

Bright Raven said:
HDRider said:
Ron, I understand how you base your argument on "standard of living" and "government cannot fix economics".

I could go on for days about how government distorts markets. For example, how profit is taxed in other countries and in the US, disparity in environmental regulations allowing lower cost productions, same for labor and safety laws.

Gauging the bare minimum a worker will accepts does factor in "standard of living", it is called exploitation.

In kind, I understand the influence of government and certainly governments worldwide influence the standard of living of their nations. Thus, we are somewhat on different paths.

My point is regardless of CAUSE and there are many, until and if ( big if) the standards of living balance, the US (producers/manufacturers)will continue to suffer a disadvantage competing against markets that can DO IT CHEAPER.
I modified your statement ;-)
Especially when our own govt sends millions of dollars to assist those already doing it cheaper. I am not for handouts; especially to the competition.

bball said:
Bright Raven said:
HDRider said:

My point is regardless of CAUSE and there are many, until and if ( big if) the standards of living balance, the US (producers/manufacturers)will continue to suffer a disadvantage competing against markets that can DO IT CHEAPER.
I modified your statement ;-)
Especially when our own govt sends millions of dollars to assist those already doing it cheaper. I am not for handouts; especially to the competition.

If the producers and manufacturers suffer, then it affects everyone. The economy is like a web. Pull on one thread and the whole web shakes.

My modification was specific to my comment. Producers/manufacturers can not compete against markets doing it cheaper; especially when our own govt sends millions of dollars to assist those cheaper markets. That was the point I was trying to make with my modification and comment.

bball said:
My modification was specific to my comment. Producers/manufacturers can not compete against markets doing it cheaper; especially when our own govt sends millions of dollars to assist those cheaper markets. That was the point I was trying to make with my modification and comment.

Brad, we are all on the same page. Sometimes what appears to be a different perspective is only because of a broader or more fundamental comment.

Even with all of us in agreement, I don't see the path of the train being diverted. Economics takes on a path of it's own. But I can show you this.

Remember that last bull that I was saving for consignment to a sale? I think he is bigger since you seen him. About 14 months old.

He really has filled out in such a short time! I will try to get a decent pic of his buddy if the wind ever stops. Been blowing strong since early this am. Steady 30s with gusts upto 50mph. Nasty day out there today.

bball said:
He really has filled out in such a short time! I will try to get a decent pic of his buddy if the wind ever stops. Been blowing strong since early this am. Steady 30s with gusts upto 50mph. Nasty day out there today.

Wow. It is blowing some of my round bales apart.

I still think his buddy is going to be the better bull. Not that this one is not nice. BTW. He sold today. Guy will pick him up after the first of the year. So I will have to find something else to consign. I wish I could get that one heifer back. 🦊🐴🤗

Bright Raven said:
bball said:

Brad, we are all on the same page. Sometimes what appears to be a different perspective is only because of a broader or more fundamental comment.

Even with all of us in agreement, I don't see the path of the train being diverted. Economics takes on a path of it's own. But I can show you this.

Remember that last bull that I was saving for consignment to a sale? I think he is bigger since you seen him. About 14 months old.

He's a regular yin and yang poster child.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Bright Raven said:
bball said:

He's a regular yin and yang poster child.

I call him Crooked Cowboy. His sire is Cowboy Cut. He also reminds me of the Phantom of the Opera.

Latest posts