What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah, well...you're younger and can move faster than I can...I cut one similar to that.....once, and it just kinda slid down the stump and just stood there a couple seconds & and I had no idea which way it was going to go.
'feet, don't fail me now'

callmefence":qnnahaws said:
Face cut is not always necessary if you don't care where the tree falls.
I guess maybe for safety.. :roll: :hide:
On the double trunked tree I did a kinda face cut..look again. Then cut the stump off flush.

A face cut may not be required but it is if you plan on living to a ripe old age. Also holding your back cut a couple inches above your face cut as Sim Angus did will help you live long enough to collect SS.

Starting to get them all collected and dressed for the ride to the mill.
Got about 8 or 10 more to drag out.
Mostly burr, pin, and shingle oaks, with one white oak, and a few ash.
40108268651_e3d8df2838_h.jpg

Plus a photo from a week going when I got into a bunch of dead ash, and elm trees.

40075557492_9ebbcf2730_h.jpg

Also went and looked at the next job. White Oaks ranging from 28"-48" diameter 4' high on the tree, and about 20'-35' logs, and a few hickorys if I can find a buyer.

Going to be a lot of cords hauled off of it.

28327283439_f3ab5b7743_h.jpg

For anyone that has any they might want to sell Black Walnut is getting really high this winter. Heard a mill advertising on the radio today that they were giving from $1.50 to $5.00 a ft. Im sure that aint the highest around either.

Columbus replica ship PINTA passed by this morning leaving the shipyard. The Nina has been here too. They come for drydocking regularly. I heard they are built of some extremely dense wood grown in Brazil but can't remember the name. Shipyard owner complained how hard it is to work with.

I getting pretty tired of foggy dismal days. I drove over to Humble about 3pm today and there was still fog on US59, But hey, maybe tomorrow's downpours will wash it away.

Started icing around 7 last night and we lucked out because it didn't get cold enough for it to stick on the hardtops. It was really pretty on the trees and fences before daylight.

Miserable weather here. Cold wind, occasional thunderstorms, with steady drizzle between the thunder bumpers. Temps well above freezing tho. Cows all facing south, backs bowed up, heads down.

Latest posts