What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

RiverHills":110ywqo0 said:
greatgerts":110ywqo0 said:
RiverHills":110ywqo0 said:
I have some new fields that look like that. What's your plan to get them back?
I was planning on spraying them before mowing.
Using remedy along with something else but don't know what yet.

After mowing, I will start spraying. Might only get one good hit this year, and then have to get back on it next year. Been using Grazon Next with good results on my other fields.
With the fields being mowed, I might have my cousin come over and spray with his sprayer until I get mine built. I much rather just do it all myself rather than relying on others though. He's got one of those big "airplane" sprayers, I think the brand is Terra-Gator.

Do you think there​ will be enough foliage for the chemical to get a good kill on the sprouts after mowing?

Not right away. I am "hoping" for some decent rain, and was going to wait a couple of weeks to get over the stress period of mowing before spraying. I really wish I would have gotten on this earlier, and would have sprayed before mowing.

Been cleaner brush and cut down nuisance trees. This cotton wood was a bit interesting, as the only way to let her fall was falling across the creek. Landed just right that I could come back with the tractor and drag her back across.

Cutting out trees of value in a 20 acre overgrown woods that is going to be partly cleared for farm ground.
Running a 362 with a full skip RS chain on a 25" bar.

25363812668_476c327154_h.jpg

sim.-ang.king":135qqqk6 said:
Cutting out trees of value in a 20 acre overgrown woods that is going to be partly cleared for farm ground.
Running a 362 with a full skip RS chain on a 25" bar.

25363812668_476c327154_h.jpg

Standing dead live oaks . The BBQ joints pay top dollar for the core wood with no bark.

Sim-angKing-Fence:
If there's no diagonal cut made on the side of the trunk first, I hate cutting trees in the manner it looks like you did.
Am I just not seeing something?

Face cut is not always necessary if you don't care where the tree falls.
I guess maybe for safety.. :roll: :hide:
On the double trunked tree I did a kinda face cut..look again. Then cut the stump off flush.

Latest posts