fence tips and tricks

Help Support CattleToday:

I was in the Southern States in Maysville this weekend. They are stocking the Gripple Contractor Tool and a good assortment of Gripples. The tool was $166.

Will the plastic doughnots stand up to the tension I'm putting on this fence? Is there a better option? I need to get this fence back hot today.

M-5":3oousx8y said:
Bigfoot":3oousx8y said:
Will the plastic doughnots stand up to the tension I'm putting on this fence? Is there a better option? I need to get this fence back hot today.
I prefer the porcelain ones with off set Holes

Never seen those. Got a link or a pic?

M-5":3v15dby6 said:
https://www.google.com/search?q=porcelain+fence+insulators&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=IHFCk7HMvO5uwM%253A%252CHreoVLRHNVU28M%252C_&usg=__zjMMIiNTsb0SMnj2ZLJBD03aSCI%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi61rjm3tfZAhXBVt8KHUmUA5sQ9QEI4AEwBw#imgrc=IHFCk7HMvO5uwM:

I've got some of those and I like em as well. I went to the plastic tubing and the strips a couple years ago and have since abandoned them. A plastic donut insulator is ok . But after trying everything I've went back to china.

callmefence":3j68uonj said:
M-5":3j68uonj said:
https://www.google.com/search?q=porcelain+fence+insulators&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=IHFCk7HMvO5uwM%253A%252CHreoVLRHNVU28M%252C_&usg=__zjMMIiNTsb0SMnj2ZLJBD03aSCI%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi61rjm3tfZAhXBVt8KHUmUA5sQ9QEI4AEwBw#imgrc=IHFCk7HMvO5uwM:

I've got some of those and I like em as well. I went to the plastic tubing and the strips a couple years ago and have since abandoned them. A plastic donut insulator is ok . But after trying everything I've went back to china.

they are chinas here as well but the last time I said that word I had to explain what a china was

I still got a bunch of these . They are 40 to 50 yrs old , every corner post here had 3 on it when I moved here .

1629-10.JPG

Bright Raven":2yjyl4kl said:
I was in the Southern States in Maysville this weekend. They are stocking the Gripple Contractor Tool and a good assortment of Gripples. The tool was $166.

Here's where I bought from best prices going.

Bright Raven":13lfynfc said:

We are considerably cheaper, and can answer any questions people have.

True Grit Farms":2nki4gm9 said:
Bright Raven":2nki4gm9 said:

They only stock the cheap Chinese tensioning tool, which is a pile of junk, and we charge less for Gripples than they do. We have the best deal going, and have always given a discount to CT members. :wave:

Farm Fence Solutions":19l1bdzd said:
True Grit Farms":19l1bdzd said:
Bright Raven":19l1bdzd said:

They only stock the cheap Chinese tensioning tool, which is a pile of junk, and we charge less for Gripples than they do. We have the best deal going, and have always given a discount to CT members. :wave:

I spooked around here and they had about everything. https://www.farmfencesolutions.com Definitely better prices on the Gripples.
The cable Gripples interest me the most, I'm thinking about building all my fence out of cable?

True Grit Farms":1ay26jwt said:
I spooked around here and they had about everything. https://www.farmfencesolutions.com Definitely better prices on the Gripples.
The cable Gripples interest me the most, I'm thinking about building all my fence out of cable?

What I find amazing, outside of the phenomenal customer service, is they send your order before they ever ask for a nickel. Have ordered from them a couple times and received my stuff on the same day I was dropping payment in the mail. That is unheard of today. Who else ships before getting paid!? :clap: :clap: :clap:
PS, I'm in love with my gripple contractor tool! FIL loves his fence tester.
Thanks Luke!

bball":12ngqfu1 said:
True Grit Farms":12ngqfu1 said:

What I find amazing, outside of the phenomenal customer service, is they send your order before they ever ask for a nickel. Have ordered from them a couple times and received my stuff on the same day I was dropping payment in the mail. That is unheard of today. Who else ships before getting paid!? :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks Luke!

Thanks for the kind words!

bball":um1b3720 said:
True Grit Farms":um1b3720 said:

Thanks Luke!

It is really nice to be able to actually talk to someone who actually knows something about their product these days. Let alone going the extra mile to answer questions and offer assistance :clap: :clap: :clap: !

Got a blinking display on my lectric fence box. The more fence I add, the higher the number goes. Seems the opposite of what I would think. It's maxed out at 19.9. Never seen it that high.

Tonka":3oncwvsc said:
bball":3oncwvsc said:
True Grit Farms":3oncwvsc said:

Thanks Luke!

It is really nice to be able to actually talk to someone who actually knows something about their product these days. Let alone going the extra mile to answer questions and offer assistance :clap: :clap: :clap: !

Thanks Mark

Bigfoot":35aw0aav said:
Got a blinking display on my lectric fence box. The more fence I add, the higher the number goes. Seems the opposite of what I would think. It's maxed out at 19.9. Never seen it that high.

Seems odd. Have you put a tester on it?

Latest posts