Cattle: Generations

Help Support CattleToday:

************* said:
The only reason I chose President and America is because I felt patriotic. In my opinion, you aren't very patriotic or American if you aren't breeding to them.

So is it because the animals are superior or because someone chose a catchy name?

BH you need to pay attention to the guy that signed your 50 year award. Kevin is very humble and his name speaks for itself. Can you imagine where Yon Farms is going to be in 50 years?

Nesikep said:
************* said:
The only reason I chose President and America is because I felt patriotic. In my opinion, you aren't very patriotic or American if you aren't breeding to them.

So is it because the animals are superior or because someone chose a catchy name?

I breed strictly on the name of the bull. If it sounds impressive I pull the trigger. How can you go wrong with President and even better, America? They weren't named that by accident.

True Grit Farms said:
Branded you need to pay attention to the guy that signed your 50 year award. Kevin is very humble and his name speaks for itself. Can you imagine where Yon Farms is going to be in 50 years?

Have I ever made mention of them? You are starting something where there isn't anything going on.

I'm going to shoot for the 💯 year award. I'm feeling lucky.

As for humility, I was told by my Angus regional rep years ago to buy a business card space in the Angus Journal, breed to high CED bulls, even to check out Solid Rock as a guide. It's laughable in hindsight. I would have humbled myself right out of the business. He's a good kid, he meant well, just didn't understand where I was headed. Same with U.K. I offered to let them have access to the data on my Moo Monitor as it pertains to beef cattle reproduction, they blew me off, they were focused on dairy, LOL! I heard the other day from a very good source that they are now exploring the idea of using the system on beef cattle. I made my offer about 3 years ago. 3 years of data is quite valuable.

Well dang. Another good thread shot to he!! and turned into a "Hey everybody, look at me" thread.
Well, the last few days were enjoyable.

************* said:
True Grit Farms said:
Branded you need to pay attention to the guy that signed your 50 year award. Kevin is very humble and his name speaks for itself. Can you imagine where Yon Farms is going to be in 50 years?

Have I ever made mention of them? You are starting something where there isn't anything going on.

As for humility, I was told by my Angus regional rep years ago to buy a business card space in the Angus Journal, breed to high CED bulls, even to check out Solid Rock as a guide. It's laughable in hindsight. I would have humbled myself right out of the business. He's a good kid, he meant well, just didn't understand where I was headed. Same with U.K. I offered to let them have access to the data on my Moo Monitor as it pertains to beef cattle reproduction, they blew me off, they were focused on dairy, LOL! I heard the other day from a very good source that they are now exploring the idea of using the system on beef cattle. I made my offer about 3 years ago. 3 years of data is quite valuable.

I don't understand that thought at all. I was just pointing out Yon Farms is someone fairly new in the Angus business that's made a lasting impact already. You throw big names around that work off of daddy's made money, this family has started with nothing and worked their way towards the top. Personally if I was wanting to get somewhere I'd pay attention to those types of operations.

True Grit Farms said:
************* said:
True Grit Farms said:

I don't understand that thought at all. I was just pointing out Yon Farms is someone fairly new in the Angus business that's made a lasting impact already. You throw big names around that work off of daddy's made money, this family has started with nothing and worked their way towards the top. Personally if I was wanting to get somewhere I'd pay attention to those types of operations.

In South Carolina? I read an article about them a few tears ago. Sound like real good folks. Do you know them Vince?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
True Grit Farms said:
************* said:

In South Carolina? I read an article about them a few tears ago. Sound like real good folks. Do you know them Vince?

Yes, but just in passing Yon's are active in the GCA.

True Grit Farms said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
True Grit Farms said:

Yes, but just in passing Yon's are active in the GCA.

Gotcha, thanks.

************* said:
True Grit Farms said:

Isn't your moo mointor system on a computer connected to the internet? We have team viewer here on our system, takes them 2 seconds to look at our data

Till-Hill said:
************* said:
True Grit Farms said:

Isn't your moo mointor system on a computer connected to the internet? We have team viewer here on our system, takes them 2 seconds to look at our data

It definitely is, but we control who sees the data.

Latest posts