Cattle: Generations

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep said:
************* said:
[image]330[/image]

Only the strong survive in the Angus game.....

Doesn't look like a money shortage makes them sell out.

Maybe they're switching to a better breed though :p

That's probably the reason.

One thing I've seen plenty of ,are those dispersal sale...wouldn't read more into it than necessary ...some are like the going out ""for"" business sale..

************* said:
Red Bull Breeder said:
All it takes is a marketable, consistant product at a reasonable price.

It's as easy as that until your barn doors are shuttered.
No if you barn doors a shuttered you most likely was not raising a marketable consistant product at a reasonable price.

Seen a lot of people burn threw a lot of money chasing epd's and high dollar cows that couldn't produce any thing any better than any other cow.

Red Bull Breeder said:
************* said:
Red Bull Breeder said:
All it takes is a marketable, consistant product at a reasonable price.

It's as easy as that until your barn doors are shuttered.
No if you barn doors a shuttered you most likely was not raising a marketable consistant product at a reasonable price.

Seen a lot of people burn threw a lot of money chasing epd's and high dollar cows that couldn't produce any thing any better than any other cow.

More like chasing extreme CED, low BW dinks like the rest of "crowd" in order to please the masses.

Red Bull Breeder said:
Way I see things I take care of my fences you take care of yours. Some of those folks thats doing it all wrong will be around a long time.

Thanks to a job in the city. It won't be from cattle sales.

************* said:
Red Bull Breeder said:
Way I see things I take care of my fences you take care of yours. Some of those folks thats doing it all wrong will be around a long time.

For some reason something about a financial group in Florida always comes to mind when you post...
Can't be, you made all of your money raising high dollar Angus cattle.

sim.-ang.king said:
************* said:
Red Bull Breeder said:

For some reason something about a financial group in Florida always comes to mind when you post...

No he didn't nor has that ever been implied.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sim.-ang.king said:
************* said:

Could of fooled me, the way he talks about being good at algebra, and raising cattle, I figured he paid for all his cows, land, new tractor, and feed bill with the money he made from his $10k bulls.
So Branded I guess your city job did pay for your cattle operation?
:hide: :lol2:

Speaking for myself only, the cattle are required to pay their own way plus the taxes, insurance and other related expenses on our farm. Since it's more of a hobby situation I don't expect to draw any income nor will I supplement the operation.

Your results may vary.

sim.-ang.king said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
sim.-ang.king said:

Could of fooled me, the way he talks about being good at algebra, and raising cattle, I figured he paid for all his cows, land, new tractor, and feed bill with the money he made from his $10k bulls.

You strike me as the type of guy that asks "how many cattle do you have?" or "how many acres do you have?"

I've talked to high rollers in this business and I wouldn't dream of inquiring about their finances.

As the old saying goes, "if you have to ask, you can't afford.

I've never asked my Vet how she paid for Auburn....

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Speaking for myself only, the cattle are required to pay their own way plus the taxes, insurance and other related expenses on our farm. Since it's more of a hobby situation I don't expect to draw any income nor will I supplement the operation.

Your results may vary.

More than a hobby less than living kind of thing? Mine make enough profit I can keep expanding slowly but surely, at least until I have to find more land to put them on. Although I have been thinking of converting crop acres to short term pasture.
Maybe I should go get a city job to pay for everything, and just forget being profitable.

************* said:
sim.-ang.king said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

You strike me as the type of guy that asks "how many cattle do you have?" or "how many acres do you have?"

I've talked to high rollers in this business and I wouldn't dream of inquiring about their finances.

As the old saying goes, "if you have to ask, you can't afford.

I've never asked my Vet how she paid for Auburn....
Wouldn't have expected anyless of a reply from you ol'chap. Welcome back from your vacation, Ron has missed ya.

:lol2:

sim.-ang.king said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Your results may vary.

More than a hobby less than living kind of thing? Mine make enough profit I can keep expanding slowly but surely, at least until I have to find more land to put them on. Although I have been thinking of converting crop acres to short term pasture.
Maybe I should go get a city job to pay for everything, and just forget being profitable.

I enjoy my "city job" far too much to give it up at this point. The farm is fun but it wouldn't provide for all my needs and wants. Maybe someday.

Amazon and Uber operated at a loss for years. It's about how long you can outlast the competition.

Amazon sold diapers at a huge loss just in order to drive their competition out of business, to the point of bankruptcy.

I love the Amazon business model. It works.

************* said:
Amazon and Uber operated at a loss for years. It's about how long you can outlast the competition.

Amazon sold diapers at a huge loss just in order to drive their competition out of business, to the point of bankruptcy.

That's where you and I differ, I hate 'em.

************* said:

I'll gladly buy your bulls at a loss, if you want? Then you can be just like Amazon!

Latest posts