Zip Bandit

Help Support CattleToday:

sstterry

Reaction score
Texas PaPaw":2z8y97pg said:
sstterry":2z8y97pg said:
Texas PaPaw":2z8y97pg said:
Have a small set of vice grip pliers that I clip on the end of the band to use as a handle. With them can pull band tighter, especially with sweaty hands.

Where do you place the vice grips to get the necessary leverage needed?

I just clamp onto end of band opposite from clip. It is just a handle for the right hand to grip when stretching and latching band.
Thanks, I will try that. The only bad thing I have heard is that they can be difficult to get all the way tight.

OP
E

elkwc

Reaction score
NonTypicalCPA":theacu9p said:
Any update elk??

The ones I used the Zip Bandit on all dropped their sacks within 2 weeks. The ones I used the Callicrate bander on are 1-2 weeks behind them. IMO if you apply the Zip Bandit correctly I feel the band is tighter when applied. I need to do some comparison but think that maybe the band on the Zip Bandit is a little smaller in diameter. I feel these two items contribute to the faster sack drop when using the Zip Bandit. It isn't hard to tell if you have the band tight enough. I check each one before I clip the zip tie off. I have thought of using vice grips to pull them with. At this point I'm very satisfied and will mainly use the ZB's unless I start having issues.

Rancher

Reaction score
What ever bander you use, if you will slit the scrotum after applying the band, the nuts will dry up and fall off in half the time of unslit.

FWIW, my preference is the California bander. Been cheaper and easier for me to use.
I've used California bander for years, never a problem banding 600lb bulls in fall here. Just pull straight away towards bulls head before wrapping around to the clip

Latest posts