Zareba 100 mile fencer

Help Support CattleToday:

Windy Meadow

Reaction score
Anybody have any luck with a Zareba 100 mile fencer?? Guy in town carries them jw if there worth the s**t.. Got anywhere from 15 to 50 acres... Temporary To 2 strand.. Running a 10 mile Zareba now with a old weed burner and it ain't cutting it.. Got calfs and a couple cows that get out all the time.. I'm looking for a fencer that will burn the hair off them.. Really lol

Have had one for 10 years now. It's been great. Got 4-5 miles of mostly polywire and it will knock the snot out of you. Only thing that will kill the voltage is a direct to metal short.

Thanks for the input.. I run a small solar on the temporary fence when we turn them out on the hay ground but still tie it in to the main line so I'm hoping that Zareba fencer is bout double of what I need.. Like it to look like ur firing up a miller when they touch it..

They suck. I have gone through 5 in 3 years. I have mailed back in and they ship back. Now out of warranty and when it went out AGAIN, I bought a Gallagher.

They suck. I have gone through 5 in 3 years. I have mailed back in and they ship back. Now out of warranty and when it went out AGAIN, I bought a Gallagher.

They are dam good fencers, In have several and they will stay hot through all kinds of crap , but of course lightning will get any of them ,

Thanks.. I got a dumb question.. So say I run a 10 joule fencer on a line and on the same line I run 6 joule fencer.. Do I have 16 joules worth of output on that line??

They were so bad here our local feed store quit carrying them.
Went to Parmack and that is what I have used for years.
No you can not hook two chargers to one line and why would you want to.
Buy the right charger if you want one that will knock a bulls pecker soft get a 12 volt parmack listed for bears and such.

I have sold quite a few of the a100li and they have trouble just like everthing else in the world
It's not often that the charger is defective, but most times its lightning, rea coop surge, components getting wet( in all weather case ???)
Surge ptotection on the electric plug in on rural electric line is a big help
Ground it just as the instruction say
Try to keep them out of direct rain

Lightning/Surge Protection
Lightning is one of the main causes of fence controller failure. If a storm is forecast, disconnect your fence controller from the fence in advance, and unplug if it is an AC-powered unit. Using a Zareba Cut-Off Switch (part no. COS1) is a simple way to quickly disconnect your fence controller. If you are in an area with frequent electrical storms, be sure to keep a spare fence controller for backup.

Storm Guard (part no. 01667-92) –(comes with a100li)
Helps protect fence controllers rated at 1 joule of energy output or greater from lightning strikes.
Spring Gate Kit (part no. SG1) – Spring coil helps to dissipate lightning surges.
AC Surge Suppressor (part no. 1549-96) – Protects AC-powered fence controllers from power surges up to 6,000 volts.
 Tip: While lightning protection devices can reduce damage by up to 75%, no device provides 100% protection from lightning .

cross_7":32uy2ro2 said:
I have sold quite a few of the a100li and they have trouble just like everthing else in the world
It's not often that the charger is defective, but most times its lightning, rea coop surge, components getting wet( in all weather case ???)
Surge ptotection on the electric plug in on rural electric line is a big help
Ground it just as the instruction say
Try to keep them out of direct rain

Lightning/Surge Protection
Lightning is one of the main causes of fence controller failure. If a storm is forecast, disconnect your fence controller from the fence in advance, and unplug if it is an AC-powered unit. Using a Zareba Cut-Off Switch (part no. COS1) is a simple way to quickly disconnect your fence controller. If you are in an area with frequent electrical storms, be sure to keep a spare fence controller for backup.

Storm Guard (part no. 01667-92) –(comes with a100li)
Helps protect fence controllers rated at 1 joule of energy output or greater from lightning strikes.
Spring Gate Kit (part no. SG1) – Spring coil helps to dissipate lightning surges.
AC Surge Suppressor (part no. 1549-96) – Protects AC-powered fence controllers from power surges up to 6,000 volts.
 Tip: While lightning protection devices can reduce damage by up to 75%, no device provides 100% protection from lightning .

The only 1 I ever lost was due to lightning surge on the 120v ac line. It blew out the surge protector and a couple of appliances in the house. Certainly not the fault of the energizer.

Also have this lightning diverter on the fence: http://www.kencove.com/fence/Lightning+ ... l_MWLA.php

Most of the energizer problems I'm aware of were lightning related and good protection is a must to keep the energizers from frying.

The 200 mile Zareba AC powered charger is only $100 more, than the Zareba 100 mile Pro, but with the 200 mile unit,you get 10 more joules rating from it. (15 joules at 200 ohm)
The Red Snap-r (which is now sold and made by Zareba--maybe the other way around) 200 mile 16 joule AC charger is same price as the 200 mile AC Zareba .

The 100 mile Zareba is 6 joules @ 8700 volts actual measured voltage on the fence, according to several reviews I read.

The Zareba 100 mile Pro EAC100M-Z is replacement for the A100LI

(Yes, I know--$100 extra is still $100 no matter what, but you're doubling the joule rating)

Thanks for all the input.. The store in town sells the Zareba but it just looks cheap so idk if I'm going get it or not.. What bout pro shock or parmark?? They any good??

Windy Meadow":38fkq3re said:
Thanks for all the input.. The store in town sells the Zareba but it just looks cheap so idk if I'm going get it or not.. What bout pro shock or parmark?? They any good??
Parmak makes excellent chargers. They're my second choice to Gallagher at a lot less money.

Windy Meadow":f37rehhs said:

Parmak makes a good charger and we have sold 1000's over the years
The SE series and the MARK series have had good models and some not so good
But the the SE5 and MARK 8 have been good
The only thing is you will have to keep them out of the weather
Whatever you buy make sure there is a repair station nearby

Proshockfencecharger.com they make the best and most heavy duty fence chargers money can buy. Lightning is not a big deal with a pro-shock they sell replacement boards that just plug in that will fix lightning strikes. It's very easy to do even a woman can fix a pro-shock fence charger. :D

Re: Zareba 100 mile fencer
by highgrit » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:46 pm
Proshockfencecharger.com they make the best and most heavy duty fence chargers money can buy. Lightning is not a big deal with a pro-shock they sell replacement boards that just plug in that will fix lightning strikes. It's very easy to do even a woman can fix a pro-shock fence charger.
" not all muslims are terrorist, but all the terrorist were muslim "
That's what I wanted to hear!!

highgrit":28g2fi9y said:
Proshockfencecharger.com they make the best and most heavy duty fence chargers money can buy. Lightning is not a big deal with a pro-shock they sell replacement boards that just plug in that will fix lightning strikes. It's very easy to do even a woman can fix a pro-shock fence charger. :D
They sound good, but I haven't found a nearby vendor for them--or a repair shop.

Thier warranty disclaimer does kinda worry me tho.
"WARRANTY: All chargers have a 2 year parts and workmanship limited warranty and a 1 year limited lightning warranty!
Wrong input voltage, physical, and water damage are not covered!
"

bottom of this page:
http://www.proshockfencecharger.com/

Does that mean if you get a voltage surge on your 110v ac wiring or a voltage drop, and it damages the board, the warranty is no good?

Latest posts