Your opinion

Help Support CattleToday:

The pure unvarnished truth.....cut him!

.......and i take no peasure in saying that!

I need a heifer bull and his epd's are right for that
I didn't think he was that bad, not great by no means
Tell what I'm missing

cross_7":1p9t469s said:
I need a heifer bull and his epd's are right for that
I didn't think he was that bad, not great by no means
Tell what I'm missing

I don't care what his epd's are there are quality young bulls with good epd's.
I wouldn't let that hatchet ass bull in my pasture. Talk about a crop of crappy calves to haul to the barn.
Crap in = crap out. Why would you do that?

Obama at 2 1/2 I bought him at 14 months for a thousand dollar's has great epd's.
Now I know cow price's are up in the last couple of year's. There are good young bull's out there.

I agree that he lacks sexual characteristics for a 17 month old. My 7 month old bull calf looks more like a bull than him. Are you sure about the age? If so, he is also small for his age. At 17 months he should be pushing 2000 pounds. He looks like he is less than 1000

Fire Sweep Ranch":1zubtsiz said:
I agree that he lacks sexual characteristics for a 17 month old. My 7 month old bull calf looks more like a bull than him. Are you sure about the age? If so, he is also small for his age. At 17 months he should be pushing 2000 pounds. He looks like he is less than 1000

I agree can't be that old here is Obama at 18 month's he has put on a ton of weight in the last year.
He looked like a bull at 18 months's. If he is 17 month's oh my is all I can say.

Fire Sweep Ranch":33i165qm said:

I'd guess him between 1200-1400#
Ced 10
Bw .1
As stated I'm needing him for heifers and I see what everyone is saying( that's why I asked) I just didn't think he is as bad as everyone else does

16 months old
ba571adf5d586d4781b0acae09e2ad60.jpg

Fire Sweep Ranch":1px884ow said:

That is just not true. At 17 months if he is well fed and not used hard he should be pushing 1500 lbs tops!

A yearling balancer bull i raised and sold this spring. He is 12 months old in these pictures. You tell me the difference!

BTW exactly how would this calf gain another 800lbs in 5 months! He is 1200lbs here

3waycross":1q1fuywg said:
A yearling balancer bull i raised and sold this spring. He is 12 months old in these pictures. You tell me the difference!

BTW exactly how would this calf gain another 800lbs in 5 months! He is 1200lbs here

I agree I figure Obama weighed 1200 maybe 1300 at 18 month's.
I didn't put him on a scale it was eyeball.

That's a Simmental trait 2k lbs. at 18 mo. and their great on heifers too. :D Cross_7 I think you can do better.

highgrit said:
That's a Simmental trait 2k lbs. at 18 mo. and their great on heifers too. :D Cross_7 I think you can do better.[/quot

Ya sure you betcha eh! and they crap gold bricks and pee platinum too!

Latest posts