YOUR OPINION ON THESE BULLS

Help Support CattleToday:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
Cajun-1003.jpg

Galactic-1024.jpg

IM looking for a couple bulls to put on some Xbred black cows,suppose to look at these next week,your opinion on these bulls,will be appreciated...........thanks & good luck

It'd help if I knew their ages, but I'll take a stab at it.

1. looks to be shortbodied.
2. has a better topline but appears to be lacking in the rear.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with no. 2.

those are 2 nice looking bulls.well muscled an thick bodied.looks tobe deep bodied bulls.nice frame size.straight backed bulls.

Both bulls are well musled and have good masculine heads and necks.

nr 1 looks to be shallower bodied than two and hasn't got the best sheath

nr 2 tailset isn't as good as nr 1. he looks a little deeper than 1 and has a much better sheath.

Both bulls could have done with a little deeper chest and bigger heart girth, but both are fine for commercial use. Nr 2 would be my first choice. I can't see their scrotums, be sure they are faultfree befor making your final selection

warpaint":3kzanawy said:
It'd help if I knew their ages, but I'll take a stab at it.

1. looks to be shortbodied.
2. has a better topline but appears to be lacking in the rear.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with no. 2.

They are both about 20 months old,one of them may be spoken for already,both bulls have fair epd's,bottom bull probably would make a heifer bull,his BW is 80# and they seem to be priced right...............good luck

glover36":ylybwvca said:
are they welsh blacks?

I dont know the exact breeding of these bulls,they are both Limousine,I have only had a phone conversation with the breeders to set up a showing,they have several bulls for sale,these two were my first choice...............good luck

Both nice looking bulls Haymaker-- I'm not a limmi fan, but they look good... I can't tell from the pictures if they have the number one old limmi flaw- No Nutts....

I never would have guessed those to be limis, I am still thinking of red post legged cattle with huge hindquarters and no milk when I hear the word limousin.

Oldtimer":4ebdeova said:
Both nice looking bulls Haymaker-- I'm not a limmi fan, but they look good... I can't tell from the pictures if they have the number one old limmi flaw- No Nutts....

Yes I have heard that, and that they can be flighty,I guess there are flighty cattle in every breed.
These folks claim they got the undesireable traits bred out of these bulls,I hafta admitt,I like the looks of them,wont take long to find out once I walk around them...........good luck

HAY MAKER":1omd7n0y said:
Oldtimer":1omd7n0y said:

Yes I have heard that, and that they can be flighty,I guess there are flighty cattle in every breed.
These folks claim they got the undesireable traits bred out of these bulls,I hafta admitt,I like the looks of them,wont take long to find out once I walk around them...........good luck
i can tell you this. either way you go you got a good eye on you. they are some of the better bulls ive seen on this site lately.

HAY MAKER":1fldmah3 said:
and that they can be flighty,I guess there are flighty cattle in every breed.

They are atheltic and like to be worked slow. They can clear a fence like a deer until they get upwards of breeding weight. You still may have a nut just like all the other breeds.

Nice bulls from what I can see from the pics. Not sure about the sheath on the first one.

Nice bulls. I recognize the pictures of these bulls to be from a breeder that we have bought from. We bought a heifer from them who has gone on to be a great cow. She raised a big bull calf for us last year and is bred back. Don't think these bulls are related to her but point is this farm raises some good ones. As for disposition, this cow is one of the best. No flightness like is described on this board.

I like the second bull best.

Good luck,
Farmgirl

Farmgirl

I like the second Bull better both good lookin Bull's first one is higher in the flank.How recent are the pic's?

rattler

It is difficult to analyse two similar bulls standing in two different positions. I am not pleased with the sheath on No.1, and I would like to see a smoother shoulder set, but by his head being down it may distort his shoulder.

No 2 has a more desirable muscle development and deeper hindquarter and is more level from hooks to pins. I feel he will show beefier calves - if bred to the same cows as No. 1 would be. I would suggest that you compare EPD's between both bulls, and see their dams - if possible!

My choice would be No. 2 - however both bulls are fine choices. They both show strong Fertility traits at the head area. Good strong bone, and stifle musculature. You have a good eye, Hay Maker!

DOC HARRIS