Your Next Herd Bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefords.US

Reaction score
BlackHerefordBull.jpg

I found this Black Hereford Bull on a "breeder's" website - listed for sale. When I clicked on the picture I found that he was already sold! :help: :cry2: Alright, 'fess up! Which one of you was fortunate enough to have bought him for a breeding bull? :?:

George

That's pretty dang sad. Pitiful actually.

What I find even more egregious is when a set of black steers that have that conformation sell for .05 more than a set of red steers with good beef conformation.

Blows my mind.

Santas and Duhram Reds":32xa1lvd said:
can I get some semen off you. Figured I would see what all the fuss was about with those Black Baldies everyone on here is always raving about
funny you mention that, got him at a stud right now.... this weeks special 50 cents a straw,, or buy two for a dollar

actually whats really sad is he looks like that....... and standing beside a feed bunk...just shows you can't do a dam thing with poor genetic

He is colorerd good :lol:

There is one thing more pathetic than that steer prospect. The two men that thought he was a bull...the breeder and the buyer.

Hide him in the back pasture...on second thought the freezer

A mangy coyote would probably think twice about eating that. I don't know how some guys peddle stuff like that. The sad part is someone actually bought him.

Hey you":15ho5ebw said:

There is one thing more pathetic than that steer prospect. The two men that thought he was a bull...the breeder and the buyer.

you would have to scrape his bones to make soup

alacattleman":20si4ej8 said:
Santas and Duhram Reds":20si4ej8 said:
can I get some semen off you. Figured I would see what all the fuss was about with those Black Baldies everyone on here is always raving about
funny you mention that, got him at a stud right now.... this weeks special 50 cents a straw,, or buy two for a dollar

How much are the semen certificates on that rascal? I bet his EPD's are trait leading.

Hey you":e391zfsa said:

Yeah, he does have good eye pigment! That was about the ONLY good thing I could see in him.

I purposely lifted the picture off the "breeder's" website and put it on ranchers, before posting it here, so I wouldn't be accused of bashing someone's breeding program. But I can't imagine anyone who has been around beef cattle for very long thinking that was a bull prospect for anyone.

The "Blurb" on the website about him being sold specifically said: Yearling Bull Sold to produce Black Baldies in Texas

Dwight, I looked at his EPDs and they sure aren't special either - bottom 20-25% of breed avg. in growth traits and believe it or not, a relatively high BW EPD as well.

George

Herefords.US":pikebhn2 said:
Hey you":pikebhn2 said:

Yeah, he does have good eye pigment! That was about the ONLY good thing I could see in him.

I purposely lifted the picture off the "breeder's" website and put it on ranchers, before posting it here, so I wouldn't be accused of bashing someone's breeding program. But I can't imagine anyone who has been around beef cattle for very long thinking that was a bull prospect for anyone.

The "Blurb" on the website about him being sold specifically said: Yearling Bull Sold to produce Black Baldies in Texas

Dwight, I looked at his EPDs and they sure aren't special either - bottom 20-25% of breed avg. in growth traits and believe it or not, a relatively high BW EPD as well.

George
well thats mighty noble of you,, :p

Herefords.US":uy82nixb said:

George

That just goes to tell me that I'd better just stick to my Reds. My type of cattle can't compete with that.

WichitaLineMan":81l1iwu9 said:
That's pretty dang sad. Pitiful actually.

What I find even more egregious is when a set of black steers that have that conformation sell for .05 more than a set of red steers with good beef conformation.

Blows my mind.

Black sells better, here in IL you get docked if you have something that is not black or all white

He looks like a wet orphaned rat just off a long sick spell:) Proof the predators don't eat the weak and sick!!

Latest posts