You Want To RETURN That?

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Had an interesting experience this afternoon...

Couple of weeks ago my wife bought a box of .410 at WallyWorld for her Tarus Judge. It takes 2.5" shells. She got 2.75" shells...obviously won't fit. (Not sure why she went to WW in first place).

I tried to return them. Say What! "We don't allow returns on ammo..."

Ok...guess I'll exchange them at our local GUN STORE where we buy frequently...

About the only thing I buy at WW is a small basket full of Sargento Sliced Cheddar Cheese...none of our grocery stores carry it (some don't even carry cheddar cheese period).

Moral: Unless you're desperate...don't buy any ammo at WW unless you're darn sure that's what you want. [While there today I noticed they were 95% out of about any type of ammo].

We'll stick with our 3 local/area gun stores, thank you! [I politely slapped my wife's hand...lol...for buying at WW].

:mad:

Running Arrow Bill":22unkxko said:

Couple of weeks ago my wife bought a box of .410 at WallyWorld for her Tarus Judge. It takes 2.5" shells. She got 2.75" shells...obviously won't fit. (Not sure why she went to WW in first place).

About the only thing I buy at WW is a small basket full of Sargento Sliced Cheddar Cheese...none of our grocery stores carry it (some don't even carry cheddar cheese period).

Moral: Unless you're desperate...don't buy any ammo at WW unless you're darn sure that's what you want. [While there today I noticed they were 95% out of about any type of ammo].

We'll stick with our 3 local/area gun stores, thank you! [I politely slapped my wife's hand...lol...for buying at WW].

What was the retail price difference of the shells for the same size?

HerefordSire":34m955uu said:
Running Arrow Bill":34m955uu said:

What was the retail price difference of the shells for the same size?

No idea. I ended up trading even the wrong WW .410 shells for the correct ones at our local gun store. Think wife paid about $13.50 for the box of wrong .410's.

While at our gun store, I was able to pick up couple boxes of .40 S&W 165 grain TMJ Speer Lawman for $18.95 a box...replaced my recently used target rounds. They were out of hollow points. [On a sidebar, they had couple boxes of .380 shells...the lady said as soon as Obama was elected the .380's were sold out faster than the music stopped at the President's swearing in...lol. "Want .380's...take a number...lol". Glad I don't use .380's.]

I was in Wally World one night about a week ago. They had three boxes of .380. A customer was on his cellular telephone telling his buddy they had .380 and he had better come get them.
What is it with people being so interested in .380? Has it become more popular than other calibers?

I bought some .22LR and the supply was very short.
I don't know what else they had but I could see there was a lot of empty space in the case. The clerk was a notch below worthless and it would have taken an act of congress to have gottten any more information.

Ryder":10mdj0hy said:
I was in Wally World one night about a week ago. They had three boxes of .380. A customer was on his cellular telephone telling his buddy they had .380 and he had better come get them.
What is it with people being so interested in .380? Has it become more popular than other calibers?

I bought some .22LR and the supply was very short.
I don't know what else they had but I could see there was a lot of empty space in the case. The clerk was a notch below worthless and it would have taken an act of congress to have gottten any more information.

There's a shortage on metal cased ammo all over the U.S. due to the treat of more gun control. Brass prices have been moving up for quite a while now. And try getting a hold of an AR15 type weapon!! Oue local Academy always has a shortage of .223 and 308.

Received this e-mail a couple of weeks ago - might explain some of the ammunition shortages.

Slowly but surely, Obama will force his agenda down our throats!

This is a call to arms

Georgia Arms is the 5th largest retailer of ..223 Ammo in America .

They sell 9mm, .45, .223 ammunition.

They normally buy spent brass from the US Department of Defense.

Spent brass is "one time used" shell cases used by our Military for training purposes.

They buy the brass, recondition it, and then reload the brass for resale to

Law Enforcement, Gun Clubs, Gun Shops, and stores like Wal-Mart.

They normally buy 30,000 lbs of spent brass at a time.

This week the DoD wrote a letter to the owner of Georgia Arms and informed him

that from now on the DoD will be destroying the spent brass, shredding it.

It will no longer be available to the ammo makers, unless they buy it in a scrap

shredded condition (which they have no use for).

The shredded brass is now going to be sold by the DoD to China as scrap metal,

after the DoD pays for it to be shredded.

The DoD is selling the brass to China for less money than the ammo makers have

been paying, plus the DoD has to pay to have the brass shredded and

do the accounting paperwork.

This sure helps the economy now doesn't it?

Sell cheaper to China , and do not sell at all to a proven US business.

Any hidden agenda working here?

Obama is going after the Firearms Industry and our ammunition!!

The Georgia Arms owner even related a story that one of his competitors had

already purchased a load of brass last week.

The DoD contacted him this week and said they were sending someone over to

make sure it was destroyed.

Shell cases he had already bought!

The brass has no value to the ammo maker if it is destroyed/shredded/melted.

The ammo manufacturer only uses the empty brass cases to reload

different calibers, mainly .223 bullets.

The owner of Georgia Arms says that he will have to lay off at least half of his 60 workers,

within 2-3 months if the DoD will no longer sell spent brass cases to the industry.

Georgia Arms has 2-3 months of inventory to use, by summer they're out.

If the Reloading Industry has to purchase new manufacture brass cases,

then the cost of ammunition will double or even triple,

plus Obama wants to add a 500% tax on each shell.

You can read the information and see the DoD letter to Georgia Arms here:

The Shootist Site
http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod- ... itary.html

If you're not outraged at what this administration is doing you should be!

Be Afraid! Be Very Very Afraid! Get involved!

It's Your Freedom and Our Country They're Stealing!

If You Fail to Act Now, there may not be a Free United States tomorrow!

I implore you to get involved and forward this to as many people you can.

Contact your legislators & put them on notice, we're fed up with what's going on!

This is a call to action.

Act now while you still can, or stay silent, roll over, and watch our country die!

Latest posts