You never know about kids

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
This little heifer calf was born a little over a week ago. She struggled a bit at first in getting the hang of nursing so we have been giving it a supplemental bottle. Little HOSS has been smitten by this little girl. He decided he wanted to halter break her so he has been working with her every evening. She follows him around on a string now. He has paid very little attention other than the normal curiosity to the scores of calves born on the farm but this rag tag little calf grabbed his attention. I am guessing she will probably stay in the herd whether she makes a good cow or not :mrgreen:

Thats great its always good to see a kid get involved in something productive and not sit in front of video games and the tv.

One of the best pictures I have ever seen posted on CT. Too bad he isn't old enuf to do a 4H heifer project with her.

now that is a great pic of little hoss an the heifer calf.your right that heifer calf has a home with little hoss.its great that he is halter breaking her.i see a string of show calves in his future.

3waycross":r1ozbg0a said:
One of the best pictures I have ever seen posted on CT. Too bad he isn't old enuf to do a 4H heifer project with her.

I agree!!! Good job Hoss.

Good deal Hoss. Your pic brought back memories of our kids. Little things like this build strong characters and responsibility in a fun way.
How old is little Hoss?

3waycross":1j548l4g said:
Thanks Vic. If he keeps interested I might do something for the local fair.

chippie":255l6hih said:
Good deal Hoss. Your pic brought back memories of our kids. Little things like this build strong characters and responsibility in a fun way.
How old is little Hoss?
He will turn 6 next month.

Just concider yourself lucky that it was not a bull calf and you were stuck with a pet steer the rest of its life :)

Luv it !!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

My nephew (city slicker) is in 4H now for the first time. He gets his pick of my heifers to raise up . Hope he looks as good along side his heifer as Little Hoss does by his new little gal !!!! :D

It's still a few county fairs going on. He wouldn't have to be in 4h to show in the open. Loadem up, and take him to one. Don't forget health papers.

HOSS":2lr35c3p said:
This little heifer calf was born a little over a week ago. She struggled a bit at first in getting the hang of nursing so we have been giving it a supplemental bottle. Little HOSS has been smitten by this little girl. He decided he wanted to halter break her so he has been working with her every evening. She follows him around on a string now. He has paid very little attention other than the normal curiosity to the scores of calves born on the farm but this rag tag little calf grabbed his attention. I am guessing she will probably stay in the herd whether she makes a good cow or not :mrgreen:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Love this picture! Looks like a pretty darn good future cattleman.... :tiphat:

Latest posts