You know you're over the hill,when...

Help Support CattleToday:

Or how about when the music you rebelled to as a teenager is now featured in retirement plan commercials...

Lammie":245c4bso said:
Or how about when the music you rebelled to as a teenager is now featured in retirement plan commercials...

:lol: Cracked me up, Lammie.

Lammie":dklk2652 said:

The Beatles, "When I'm 64..." ????

backhoeboogie":1d8vvqwr said:
Lammie":1d8vvqwr said:

Haven't heard any Creedence in the commercials yet.

I heard a year or so back that McCartney wrote that song when his dad turned 64. He was around 23 or so when he wrote it. I think he is 64 or 65 now.

FYI:
When I'm Sixty-Four
One of Paul's earliest written songs (which gives the lie to those who think that the Beatles pulled SPLHCB out of thin air), this dates back to at least 1957. Inspired by Paul's father, a jazz musician in the twenties, this song is still the best of Paul's music-hall tributes. ("Honey Pie" and "Your Mother Should Know" were soon to follow, as well as some solo Paul experiments in the same style.) Another great example of latent musical tendencies that the beatles were brave enough to drag into the pop mainstream.
When I'm Sixty-Four
By John Lennon and Paul McCartney
When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now
Will you still be sending me the Valentine,
Birthday greetings, bottle of wine
If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door
Will you still need me,
Will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four.
You'll be older too,
And if you say the word I could stay with you.
I could be handy mending a fuse
When your lights have gone
You can knit a sweater by the fireside
Sunday morning go for a ride
Doing a garden, digging the weeds,
Who could ask for more
Will you still need me,
Will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four.
Every summer we can rent a cottage in the Isle of Wight,
If it's not too dear
We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on your knee
Vera, Chuck & Dave
Send me a postcard, drop me a line
Stating point of view
Indicate precisely what you mean to say
Yours sincerely, wasting away
Give me your answer, fill in a form,
Mine for evermore,
Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four.

Capt Call":dmc82vwo said:
backhoeboogie":dmc82vwo said:
Lammie":dmc82vwo said:

Haven't heard any Creedence in the commercials yet.

I think they have been too busy suing one another. I heard John Fogerty, or however you spell it, on the radio last week and he sounded extremely bitter.

You have seen Dennis Hopper though, right? I mean, who would have thought. The guy from Easy Rider, and the awful character he played in Blue Velvet.

One more year and Steve, (or "Stave" as he says it) will be eilgible for the senior citized discount. Hello AARP! :heart: :lol: :help:

Latest posts