You know that Saying, 'It'll never happen to me'

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Well, its just not true at all. And, I just need to talk about it to people who have some distance, family is great, but they're just too cuddly sometimes. And I can't just post this on facebook, cause there are too many people who need to be told more personally than that FIRST.

Some of you may know that I had a minor surgery a couple weeks ago. Well, it was to remove a fibroid, that was causing me problems. So far as I understood, it wasn't much of a deal, kind of a cosmetic type thing. Well, as doctors do they always send things in for testing, and this one came back BAD :frowns: .

She told me that I have cancer, I guess, as far as it goes, it sounds like I got the best of a bad deal and it should be very treatable. But no matter cancer is cancer and now as hard as I am trying it's hard not to freak out and have a panic attack. Now, I have to wait to hear from the cancer clinic what the treatment is and when it will happen. It could be as simple as surgery to remove the problem area/s or as dramatic as full out radiation therapy. She thought it would be on the simple end of things. I don't know how long these things will take up here, but I sure hope things happen fast!!

As healthy as I feel, it is really hard to come to grips with the idea that I have something as serious as Cancer!! That and the fact that I have no real risk factors, no family with it, and I've always been a good girl as far as drinking, drugs and smoking......

Randi, So sorry that you have this problem but it might be a lifesaver for you that they found it when they did. Best of luck to you and your Dr,s.

Be strong. My mother is a cancer survivor for over ten years now. I know the feeling I had when she told me. They are getting better everyday at treating the disease.

I'll be praying for you.

It will work out.

Take care.

I am so sorry this happened to you! It sounds like it was caught early and that's good. Find out what kind it is, like squamus(sp) cell or whatever type and then research the heck out of it. A lot of fear comes from the unknown.

My mother was a stage 3 and she had to undergo chemo, radiation and surgery. That was 13 years ago and she is cancer free today and living a very full and happy life.

You will have lots of thoughts and prayers to help you get through this.

There's a saying that when you are up to your arse in alligators you can either get eaten or make alligator soup and sell the hides for handbags.

I'd drive up there to get some alligator soup and my wife would love a new handbag! We need lots more of your great photos too.

You can whip it.

Let me know when the soup's on!

Jim

Everyone I have seen do well had a really good attitude- They fought it but put the outcome(and worries) in Gods hands.
I hope it goes well for you too.

Been there,done that-It ain't no picnic!
Find a Dr you can work with,then you have to let go and trust them.. I know it's like the ground has been pulled out from under your feet and there's not enough air to breath. I know that too well.
My turning point was,I think, discovering that everything dies..Even the montains wear down to sand.. I'm not saying it well---
Deep breath-let people fuss over you-understand that they're not going to understand when you can't eat your favorite food. You will get thro this,one day at a time..If that's too hard,then get thro the next hour.
PM me your address,I'll send you one of these hats I keep crocheting (as long as you don't mind a little cat hair mixed into the stiches)

So sorry to hear that Randi. Really enjoy your company on here and hope you can fly right through this without missing a beat.

I'm so sorry you got this piece of bad news. Be strong and stay positive as you learn more. I know it's much easier said than done, but try not to worry and jump to conclusions until you have solid info and a plan from your doctors. Sometimes searching for things on the net makes them seem worse than they really are.
Praying God will grant you strength and comfort.

farmwriter":hyzoiok8 said:
but try not to worry and jump to conclusions until you have solid info and a plan from your doctors.
I agree with farmwriter-stay calm.My thoughts and prayers are with you.

All I can say to you all is WOW!! There is support, and then there is SUPPORT!! So thank you all for your words of encouragement, and your prayers.

I made my mind up within the 2 hour drive home, that I had 2 options, I could either drive the car off the road and kill myself, or I could fight it :banana: . I'm not going to sit here feeling sorry for myself, and I'm going to live my life, the way I do. The end will be what it is, but I've got too much going on in my life to sit here worrying about that!! Besides, I have 2 kids to watch grow up....

So again, thank you all, you were exactly what I needed, I know where to come for those bad days, just for a few(well, lots of) words to stand me back up. Not of course that I am taking away from my family or community, but if you know what I mean, it's just not the same thing.

And, I do have a great family, 2 grandmothers, 8 siblings and both parents, a husband and 2 kids. And on DH's side, he's got 6 siblings, and his mother. It's wonderful knowing you have all that to fall back on. Plus my community too. That's one thing that living in a small town gives you, you literally KNOW everyone (actually its 3 towns ;-) ), and they are there for you when you need them!!

SRBeef":2p6dtbe9 said:
There's a saying that when you are up to your arse in alligators you can either get eaten or make alligator soup and sell the hides for handbags.

I'd drive up there to get some alligator soup and my wife would love a new handbag! We need lots more of your great photos too.

You can whip it.

Let me know when the soup's on!

Jim

Oh, I will, in fact, I'll let everyone know. Just give me a few days, I need to find a recipe, the ingredients, and oh, a fancy pattern for those handbags!! Plus, maybe someone to help me sew them up, but maybe this is the time to learn that for myself too!! OH, and will coyote do? Alligators are kinda hard to find up here :banana: :banana: :lol: :lol:

i was saddened by this your news, and was going to view this from the sidelines, but i can't...my prayers are with you and your family, not only to get well soon (which is what you will do), but also for ya'll to get strong over this and continue to prosper...SEND MORE PHOTOS !!

Randi, I can understand your needing to share this with those that are not tied to your family and community. A little outside objectivity can calm the waters a bit, I think.

Just know, Randi, darlin'...you have our prayers...and we've got your back. You will never be alone... :heart:

Alice

Latest posts