Yeti/ Sasquatch ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Not outside the realm of possibility. There's a lot of evidence that points to credibility, such as the perfect bell curve of footprint size, compiled by legitimate scientists. However, until a specimen is produced, it will remain in the myth camp.

With the millions of trail cameras sold you would think that some decent pictures would be taken.
I was anticipating such a comment and I agree its highly suspect with all the trail cams and mobile phone cameras that no decent photo or footage exists. Also I assume bigfoot 'hunting' is quite a common thing now i the states and still there is nothing to show for it.

That said...

If you aren't familiar with the dylatov incident (I highly recommend reading about this if you are interested ) it involves a group of Russian hikers were found dead with horrific injuries in highly perplexing circumstances in the 1950s Ural mountain region. The group had a camera with them and the second from last shot was this:

Thibeaux-Brignolles-camera-film3-17-1143824942.jpg

which is probably one of the most chilling photos I have seen. Also the last entry of one of the hikers diary was 'the snowman lives' in reference to the yeti, before dying in the most strange circumstances.

Then there is the Patterson gimli film shot in 1967 California

cal4-cf2659682b34c569-2681900559.jpg

Granted both are quite old now but neither have been debunked in that time so that's two major pieces of evidence right there of such a beast caught on camera and film.

We live right down the road from the Bigfoot museum or world headquarters or something.
You cannot believe how full the parking lot always is every time I go by. There is a whole lot of believers in North Georgia. If you ride through the countryside you'll see a bunch of plywood Bigfoot cutouts stashed up in the woods painted, every other car has a bigfoot bumper sticker.
Of course there are a lot of sightings in this area too.
I'm not going to say one doesn't exist but until I meet him - I'm going to say one doesn't exist.
I live on the edge of the cohutta wilderness so who knows maybe one day I'll actually see one.

I was anticipating such a comment and I agree its highly suspect with all the trail cams and mobile phone cameras that no decent photo or footage exists. Also I assume bigfoot 'hunting' is quite a common thing now i the states and still there is nothing to show for it.

That said...

If you aren't familiar with the dylatov incident (I highly recommend reading about this if you are interested ) it involves a group of Russian hikers were found dead with horrific injuries in highly perplexing circumstances in the 1950s Ural mountain region. The group had a camera with them and the second from last shot was this:

View attachment 38894

which is probably one of the most chilling photos I have seen. Also the last entry of one of the hikers diary was 'the snowman lives' in reference to the yeti, before dying in the most strange circumstances.

Then there is the Patterson gimli film shot in 1967 California

View attachment 38896

Granted both are quite old now but neither have been debunked in that time so that's two major pieces of evidence right there of such a beast caught on camera and film.

I don't know anything about the Russian incident, but the film in Cali was debunked long ago.

I'm over 99.99+% it's just a myth. There's a long history of tales of them. Local/regional legends speak of boogermen, bushboogers etc. supposedly even a reference to Daniel Boone shooting something he called a big yahoo.
A lot of older people from late 1800's early 1900's talked about boogermen.
They would often tell children to come in at dark, stay out of the woods etc, or the boogerman might get 'em.
I've been wondering since the Sasquatch stuff has gotten so popular now and it's come back in my mind about that stuff we used to hear if it was a Sasquatch legend that they were referring to. It is interesting as to how the stories got started across so many cultures
I think that a lot of so called sightings are hoaxes, but I think there are credible people who have had some sort of experience that was likely misidentification such as a bear, or overactive imagination that takes in to account sone noise and runs with the notion that it was something like that.
I've had several experiences that I've chalked up to bears, because I know they are around and have seen them at times.
Other unexpected and unexplained noises, I'm sure that there are logical and known reasons for.
With as many sightings and encounters as people claim to have, it seems unlikely that there wouldn't be trail camera pictures or credible people adamantly speaking about it with as many people as are out in fields and woods.
There is one Sasquatch type cryptid that I think is a bit more feasible. There is something called Orang pendak not sure of spelling. Description seems to me to very similar to an orangutan both in size and location. If it is real it is likely to be a type of orangutan.
I just find it hard to believe that there are 7-12 foot tall apemen running around the countrysides and woods of the world and no definite proof.
Something that large would almost assuredly been discovered long ago if they were out there.

Yeah, film is hard to beat if it's legitimate.

I've seen/heard two things in the wild that people would probably look at me sideways for if I told them. But they are/were available to see on camera so I'm vindicated.

Been a lot of places. I have seen A lot of unexplainable things! A lot of undeveloped land that can easily pass as livable, proven by the "wild" life.

Latest posts