Yep

Help Support CattleToday:

We got a skiff of snow on the higher hills this morning. They said that the Cascades and the western Blues were going to get 4-6 inches. I am guessing the snow level is around 4,500 feet.

It is a fairly good drive from his place to anything.

I know you are going to be shipping calves here soon, that is why you are gathering all the pairs in the other thread... soooo, I have to ask, the ones in the trailer look to be bought calves???? I am confused. Need more to make a trailer load?

I know you are going to be shipping calves here soon, that is why you are gathering all the pairs in the other thread... soooo, I have to ask, the ones in the trailer look to be bought calves???? I am confused. Need more to make a trailer load?
These calves are bought at a dollar + less per lb than we sold our own for. Building a pen for spring grass or maybe off grass market. We will be keeping 100 of our own replacements too.

Okay, I see. You are doing on a much larger scale than what we are starting to do the last few years. We try to buy a few here and there, mostly bulls, to make into steers and integrate in with ours and make up some bigger groups... but to us a bigger group is more than 10, not 100; trying to get 15-25 together to match, to sell as a group.

Are you seeing your markets dropping up there? Are the dry conditions causing more people to sell some? Our drought monitor here is updated on Thursday's and the severe to moderate conditions are creeping further out and south of here. It is very serious north of me 20 plus miles.
Looking at the drought monitor, I have trouble looking at Louisiana and Alabama and Mississippi and think about them being in drought... the general impression is of muggy wet humid conditions... But the Miss river is getting dangerously low... and they are in severe to extreme to the worst droughts ever.

Latest posts