Yellow discharge

Help Support CattleToday:

cowkeeper

Reaction score
I have a cow that calved about ten weeks ago. She had one heat, very short standing and with a bit of clear mucus. I was watching her three weeks later and didnt see any heat signs. Examined inside her vulva and she has a bit of yellow discharge. Does this indicate infection? The calving was quick and easy and she cleaned almost immediately. I've never seen anything other than clear discharge before with any of the cows. Thanks C.

Did you smell the discharge? The yellowish could be a urine saining of misc. fluids in the vagina. I alwasy use the smell test, but I like the smell of buck goats so that doesn;t speak very highly of me!

No, I didn't smell it (yet ;-) ). I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't looked right inside the vulva. It's a light yellow solid, not clear..C

cowkeeper":30w8fzmm said:
No, I didn't smell it (yet ;-) ). I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't looked right inside the vulva. It's a light yellow solid, not clear..C

Has she been with a bull, or more correctly, has a bull been anywhere near her?

I'd stick a thermometer in her...but the o'l nose will let you know if anything is seriously wrong....have a mental picture of O'l Dun smelling his goats....probably no different than me sniffing a cow. Is a fella supposed to remove some of the suspecious fluid or just nose up to the animal and inhale?
Hot afternoon here so feeling a bit squirley....DMC

Re:
This is not something you want your neighbours to see you doing!
Nor is removing a bean from your horse.
And I was on my knees as he is a mini, when she walked in the barn and said "what are you doing"? :oops: :oops: :oops:
SL

Victoria":1ng25ft3 said:
Sir Loin":1ng25ft3 said:
Re:
This is not something you want your neighbours to see you doing!
Nor is removing a bean from your horse.
And I was on my knees as he is a mini, when she walked in the barn and said "what are you doing"? :oops: :oops: :oops:
SL

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Glad she didn't have a camera!

Actually that would have been a great shot to post here.

Wish she HAD carried a camera.

Bez>

Latest posts