Yearling Heifer Bred

Help Support CattleToday:

The only reason I would slip that calf is if it either didn't fit into my ideal calving period or I had big genetic plans to mate her to a specific AI bull. If neither of those were in play I'd be glad to have another calf on the way and leave it alone.

cow pollinater":1y5zez1o said:
The only reason I would slip that calf is if it either didn't fit into my ideal calving period or I had big genetic plans to mate her to a specific AI bull. If neither of those were in play I'd be glad to have another calf on the way and leave it alone.
What about if the bull was for cows and known for really big calves

ez14":1cb6xess said:
cow pollinater":1cb6xess said:

The OP said the bull was a low birth weight bull that typically throws small calves so that shouldn't be a problem.

JMJ Farms":39jye2hb said:
ez14":39jye2hb said:
cow pollinater":39jye2hb said:

The OP said the bull was a low birth weight bull that typically throws small calves so that shouldn't be a problem.
yeah i was getting off subject a little bit (i was talking about any heifer mating in general) :)

Son of Butch":1gxf0v97 said:
ClinchValley":1gxf0v97 said:
I am all about risk vs reward. I need to get a grip on eyeballing weights. I'm sure there is a trick to it.
All you need is practice. I recommend you start by guessing weights of women.
Head to the mall with a scale. Video it and post it as a learning experience for all. :cowboy:

Haha. I'm gonna get right to that!

ClinchValley":1mzsh0ka said:
Son of Butch":1mzsh0ka said:
ClinchValley":1mzsh0ka said:
I am all about risk vs reward. I need to get a grip on eyeballing weights. I'm sure there is a trick to it.
Head to the mall with a scale. Video it and post it as a learning experience for all. :cowboy:

Get the videos posted here as fast as you can :nod:

ClinchValley":8281udrg said:
Son of Butch":8281udrg said:
ClinchValley":8281udrg said:

If you tell a complete stranger she clocks in at a deuce I predict bodily harm. I'd totally watch that video :) Good luck!

Most of my heifers calve about 20-21 months and I have never had an issue.

Jackson":29bovao2 said:
Most of my heifers calve about 20-21 months and I have never had an issue.

The more i look at them, the more I want to think they will be just fine. Most people i have spoken to turn them out at a year or so.

Had a hard time trying to get pictures to work. Going to have to work on that a little bit. Cannot be that hard.

Here she is y'all.

image_zps1takabxr.jpeg

Center of photo. Thought it might help determine size.
image_zpsvrlpttyz.jpeg

ClinchValley":10uyvcgu said:
Here she is y'all.

image_zps1takabxr.jpeg

Center of photo. Thought it might help determine size.
image_zpsvrlpttyz.jpeg
that's a full grown cow behind here in the bottom picture?? if that's a full grown cow behind her she looks big enough to me

Latest posts