Yearling bull

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Lot102-Side1.jpg
[/img]

Eating contestant

thats 1 nice char bull.he is nice an thick.got a nice butt on him.how much does he weigh.

bigbull338":3u1wd375 said:
thats 1 nice char bull.he is nice an thick.got a nice butt on him.how much does he weigh.

Thanks.

Look down on the "AU Eating Contest" thread.

He's number 102.

Nice bull. I've been wondering what happened to the rest of the Char bulls on the test? Didn't they weigh in more than two? Seems like eight or ten were on the weigh in report? Didn't you originally have two on test? What happened?

Frankie":wke7tdea said:
Nice bull. I've been wondering what happened to the rest of the Char bulls on the test? Didn't they weigh in more than two? Seems like eight or ten were on the weigh in report? Didn't you originally have two on test? What happened?

I only had the one. There are other Chars in the Junior test. They keep the Senior and Junior test bulls and data separate.

http://www.albcia.org then click on "Auburn"

Mike, he looks good,,,,I just want to know if you will buy him back from me after I purchase him. Kinda like a lease/buy option :lol:

He looks a little short in length to me but it's hard to tell with just this picture. He would go good with my 91 and 92 heifer, they look to be longer than he is. What is his Milk EPD

C HOLLAND":3fln5dyv said:
Mike, he looks good,,,,I just want to know if you will buy him back from me after I purchase him. Kinda like a lease/buy option :lol:

He looks a little short in length to me but it's hard to tell with just this picture. He would go good with my 91 and 92 heifer, they look to be longer than he is. What is his Milk EPD

It would be safe to say your heifers are longer because they are about 2 years now aren't they? :lol:

He has a lot of gut, which throws the length perception out of kilter. The Rio calves are like that. Some people like it, some don't.

If I could change anything about him it would be longer muscles on the back legs/hips.

I might work a swap deal. ;-)
No, we are gonna AI those heifers to Rio.

Epd's
BW 2.1
WW 38
YW 75
Milk 8
Maternal 27
CW 38
REA .37
FAT .045
Marb .07

Mike, I was not knocking him in any way, he is a fine bull, and yes I am planning to AI all 3 of them (maybe 8 total) this coming Jan-Feb to LRB

I may wind up with a good looking bull like you have there.

He looks like a ground masher Michael. Katelynn gates (sp) ?

Kaylin gate, chaylin gate ,Katelin gate, some thing like that. It's a gate at a feed test station or university. That is a medallion or neckless with the calf's id transmitter. The gate reads the neckless as he sticks his head in a gate with a feed bunk in the bottom. They measure the amount of feed the calf eats .

ollie'":1d085hnw said:
Kaylin gate, chaylin gate ,Katelin gate, some thing like that. It's a gate at a feed test station or university. That is a medallion or neckless with the calf's id transmitter. The gate reads the neckless as he sticks his head in a gate with a feed bunk in the bottom. They measure the amount of feed the calf eats .

Correct. Each bull can only eat out of his own bunk. All the feed is weighed when they feed and the test can measure feed efficiency.

They are CALAN FEED GATES.

Latest posts