Yearling Bull (Hereford)

Help Support CattleToday:

jhambley

Reaction score
Thought I would share a few photos of a yearling bull. He is out of one of my Brookview cows and sired by my Deewall bull.

alpine6v-3.jpg

alpine6v-4.jpg

alpine6v-1.jpg

alpine6v-2.jpg

Very good. He has my vote. Thickness, muscle, length, proper leg placement, good hair, and probably right size. Know his frame score?

Idaman":x0e0gump said:
Very good. He has my vote. Thickness, muscle, length, proper leg placement, good hair, and probably right size. Know his frame score?
:nod:

I luv herfrds":2560gekx said:
I like him.
Where's Knersie?

Still in the 3rd world...

I also like him, he's definately a step in the right direction if you want to get back to the original strengths of the breed. Pity he hasn't got eye pigment.

Pity he hasn't got eye pigment.

We're working on that.

His dam has full pigment. Unfortunately, I lost his full sib this Spring at only a few days old. Here's a photo of his eyes.
photo-16.jpg

And here is a photo of a heifer born just a few weeks ago out of another Brookview cow. She has full eye liner on both eyes. She was sired by my Hathcock polled bull. His daughters seem to have quite a bit of pigment.
pigment15w.jpg

Wow, great looking Herfs Jhambley. I'd use him in a heartbeat. And I don't have any Herefords. :cboy:

Are you keeping them or selling? They look good.

I guess every bull has his price :)

Really dry and dusty around here. Rain has been spotty at best. Maybe 1/2" this weekend if the weatherman isn't lying again.

Julian":14m3t16m said:
sim.-ang.king":14m3t16m said:
Read the signature
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

If they are, then smart and pretty are WAY OVERRATED.

Amen to that. Good bull! Who cares if cattle is ugly or stupid, as long as it is productive and easily worked. And beuty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Our cattle aren't ugly and I'd love to see his cattle go through a fence without busting a wire, popping a staple out or knocking a fence post down?
Had a cow that would do that, then when we would go out and just yell at her to get her azz back here, she came back, walked over the dropped wire and stopped for a scratch.
Did have to ship for that.

Nice looking bulls though.

Latest posts