Wow. Reed Canarygrass $8.00 lb

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn

Reaction score
I ordered a bag of Canarygrass from my local Seedway dealer. I just called him and asked him to get me a bag without asking the price. He called yesterday and said it was in. $400.00 for a 50 lb bag. :shock: Wow.

Anyhow, I was reading the tag and it says "variety not stated". 48% pure seed and 51.50% inert matter? So over 1/2 the bag is NOT SEED?

Says origin Germany. They must be real proud of that seed...

My real question is this: This is printed off Penn States Extension website. "...plow down 0-45-135 lb per acre and apply 20-20-20 lb per acre at seeding. Huh? I read that as apply 135 lb of 0-45 (whatever that is) and 20 lb of 20-20 (whatever that is, too). Any ideas?

Thanks-

My guess is that "0-45-135 lb per acre" means plow in 0 pounds nitrogen, 45 pounds phosphorous, and 135 pounds of potassium prior to planting. And "20-20-20 lb/ac at seeding" means put down 20 lbs nitrogen, 20lbs phosphorous, and 20 lbs potassium when you plant it. That is in the absence of a soil test. Might want to call your Penn State county extension agent and ask him what it means.

Latest posts