Would you use a classified section?

Help Support CattleToday:

Would you like to see a classified section on CattleToday?

• Yes

Votes: 197 88.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 11.3%

• Total voters
30 days is a pretty short time frame, especially for anyone always looking for items and for anyone that has a large inventory (Hay for instance) of something they sell.
I still think it would be good. For say a large amount of hay after 30 days the post would be deleted and they would have to make a new one. It would make them update the information and whatnot.

But on this site we can't edit our posts after fifteen(?) minutes. We need to be able to delete or edit whenever the item is sold. Or would moderators have to be notified so the post could be deleted? Or could there be an automatic delete after 30(?) days?
On other forums using this same program you have options when you place the ad, FOR SALE, TRADE, WANTED, which are user selectable. The original poster can later edit that header, changing it as needed, to SOLD, SPF (sold pending fund) WITHDRAWN, as the case may be…

30 days is a pretty short time frame, especially for anyone always looking for items and for anyone that has a large inventory (Hay for instance) of something they sell.
Well there needs to be some kind of facility to delete things that have sold and the poster never came back to update. Anyone selling can always renew their post if it times out.

Has there been a Board discussion
and decision rendered as to the rate of sales commission for using the service for livestock and/or other goods and services?
At this point I would say it's wide open for discussion, you could post what you would like for it to look like

Would you use a classified forum here?

Beyond voting, if you vote yes, can you please reply here with what you would be interested in selling or buying through the forum.
I would be interested in giving it a shot. Like many others have already said. Travel distance might not be feasible. (Then again, I've driven round trip from northern SC to south GA for a good deal on corral panels!)

Would you use a classified forum here?

Beyond voting, if you vote yes, can you please reply here with what you would be interested in selling or buying through the forum.
Cattle, Tractor parts, attachments, guns, Equipment, etc.

Latest posts