Worst month ever!

Help Support CattleToday:

wbvs58":fiv7cf24 said:
What is the situation there TC? Is she standing but sedated with the head hung low? Did she go down at all? Do you know what sedation? Ketstun maybe?????

Ken
Ken, he didn't sedate her. She is standing but the head plate is kind of low, her head is secured by chains that wrap around the back of her head. She did go down once but he immediately lowered the head plate (there's a crank near his knee by the right side of her head), which automatically loosened the chains and she stood right up. She was a wench when I was trying to load her (and I'm now icing my jammed forefinger) but was a trooper at the vet. Clearly, she's frothing, but the entire procedure didn't take more than 30 minutes and that's including removing the 3rd eyelids, cauterizing, full exam and preg check. She's now back with the herd, ravenous appetite and while there's still a little blood, acting perfectly normal.

The fun never ends... I lost a cow 2 weeks ago, Lyme disease is my best guess, but who knows.. with the heat and smoke when they go down it's hard to get them back

I hope that finger is not too bad TC. Yeh, I see that wheel and ratchet now to wind the chain up.

I just learnt something too by accidently clicking on the image twice it gave a blown up image and could make out exactly what he was doing as well. Good photo TC.

Ken

Latest posts