Worst Christmas Song

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
The radio is playing Christmas songs like crazy and mostly I just love to hear them. But nothing makes me run to turn it off faster than those darn Chipmunks! :roll:

I also heard the most pathetic song, something about "Daddy, please don't get drunk on Christmas". Not sure who sang it or if that was the right title, but GIVE ME A BREAK!

Anyone else think some of the Christmas songs are bizarre?

"I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause" Has never gone over real well with me. Then there is "Grandma got ran over by a reindeer." :shock: Most be something from my childhood :lol: I don't know. :lol:

Sheryl Crow's Blue Christmas. It's horrible! She needs to let Elvis sing it. ;-)

I'll take the Chipmunk song over her song any day.

Misty,

Don't know about bizarro Christmas songs, but the place I work out is playing old time hymns set to a disco beat to work out to. You ain't lived until you do weight training and aerobics to The Old Rugged Cross and How Great Thou Art. :p

Alice

The only chrsmas sone I like is the barking dogs doing jingle bells

Yes!! I hate that one about the little boy going to buy his mom shoes as a Christmas gift because she is dying on Christmas day and he wants her to look nice for Jesus. Who thinks of this stuff?! Its like a Kodak commercial or Little House on THe Prairie....

(Heads up ~ if the toaster is plugged in, even if its not on, it will deliver enough shock to culr your toes if you stick a fork into it :shock: :shock: OUCH!)

Just_a_girl":w3etzsru said:
Sheryl Crow's Blue Christmas. It's horrible! She needs to let Elvis sing it. ;-)

Absolutely. I hate it when anyone butchers up any song. The national anthem gets butchered constantly. They don't write their own songs because no one would buy them.

angie2":3exqlpc1 said:
Yes!! I hate that one about the little boy going to buy his mom shoes as a Christmas gift because she is dying on Christmas day and he wants her to look nice for Jesus. Who thinks of this stuff?! Its like a Kodak commercial or Little House on THe Prairie....

(Heads up ~ if the toaster is plugged in, even if its not on, it will deliver enough shock to culr your toes if you stick a fork into it :shock: :shock: OUCH!)
Thinks for the heads up---Just how did you come by this knowlage :lol:

well everyones taste is differant.i like all the songs mentioned.i dont have the stomach for sheryl crow.the songs i listen are played on country stations.

peg4x4":322m4f9k said:
angie2":322m4f9k said:

Thinks for the heads up---Just how did you come by this knowlage :lol:
yo slick.....enlighten us. This has to be good. :shock:

angie2":1zu9t0zk said:

What does it feel like compared to... oh maybe a light socket or electrical outlet?

I'm just wondering, don't go hunting up a fork on my account.

This is total high jacking of a thread. Forgive me Misty. I was whipping me up some toaster struddle this morning and the thing was in too far to reach with my fingers. Was hot. So I poked a fork in there to get it out. HOLY YESTERDAY!!

Once I was making a cake mix and the beaters I was using had a cord that plugged into the wall and again into the beaters. Anyhow, the end that plugs into the beaters fell out and nto the batter. Well, I;m not one to waste so I picked it out of batter and popped it in my mouth. I was electricuted with such force I was immobile ~ my mouth locked onto that cord and my body convulsed from my head down. After about 10 minutes of this I fell backwards into the cupboard with the cord still clencehed between my teeth and the other end came out of the wall. Let me tell you ~ don't try that at home!!

angie2":p2a9hnj0 said:
This is total high jacking of a thread. Forgive me Misty. I was whipping me up some toaster struddle this morning and the thing was in too far to reach with my fingers. Was hot. So I poked a fork in there to get it out. HOLY YESTERDAY!!

Once I was making a cake mix and the beaters I was using had a cord that plugged into the wall and again into the beaters. Anyhow, the end that plugs into the beaters fell out and nto the batter. Well, I;m not one to waste so I picked it out of batter and popped it in my mouth. I was electricuted with such force I was immobile ~ my mouth locked onto that cord and my body convulsed from my head down. After about 10 minutes of this I fell backwards into the cupboard with the cord still clencehed between my teeth and the other end came out of the wall. Let me tell you ~ don't try that at home!!
No wayyyyyyyyyyy
Now I know why our appliances have thoese warning lables on them. Someone has done it before :shock:
I'm not going to ask if your o.k. because you did it again (toaster).

angie you crack me up. I hope to God you and my wife never decide to run a kitchen together because that sucker is sure to burn down or something!

I can't get the thought of you wobbling around. Sorry I'm laughing so hard.

Anyone but Ertha Kit singing "Santa Baby" is wrong and there outa be a law.

There's a really short Beach Boys song they keep playing called "The Man With All The Toys" that is getting on my nerves. I also have issue with the "Little Drummerboy". The lyrics are really beautiful and moving but the tune is really nausiating.

angie2":l3wrw60m said:

Thank You!!!!! I forgot about that one and I absolutely hate hate it. How depressing. Where is this kid's dad while he's out begging for money to buy his mother's death shoes???

Lammie":16rdse7f said:
Thank You!!!!! I forgot about that one and I absolutely hate hate it. How depressing. Where is this kid's dad while he's out begging for money to buy his mother's death shoes???
EXACTLY!!

Horticattleman ~ it is funny now, my ears stopped ringing finally. I had a co worker tell me once that things happen to me that only happen to other people in cartoons.....

angie2":27oys25n said:
This is total high jacking of a thread. Forgive me Misty!!

Not to worry angie, I've done it myself a time or two. ;-) I really enjoyed your "Perils of Pauline" stories. :lol:

Lammie":3osecb28 said:
Anyone but Ertha Kit singing "Santa Baby" is wrong and there outa be a law.

There's a really short Beach Boys song they keep playing called "The Man With All The Toys" that is getting on my nerves. I also have issue with the "Little Drummerboy". The lyrics are really beautiful and moving but the tune is really nausiating.

Well, thank you, Lammie...thank you for putting that annoying tune along with rum pum pum pum in my head. Grrrrrrrrr!

Alice

I love that song "Mary did You Know" and that one they play on country stations "I'm getting Nuttin' For Christmas" ("somebody snitched on me"). I don't know who sings it.

angie your a scream, I thought I was bad enough but I think you win, electricuting ones self is not on my list of priorities thanks. The tears are rollong down the face, just reading your posts Thanks for the laugh. See on ES latter...Chris.

Latest posts