Worming

Help Support CattleToday:

WolfLady

Reaction score
How old does your Bottle/bucket calf have to be to worm him? Should you worm if plan to eat?

Yes you can eat one that you want to eat. Read the directions. It will state a withdrawal date. That is the days needed for the active ingrediant to be safely out of the animals syatem if you gave the recomended dosage. I do not think your bottle baby has worms. most works are ingested when the animal eats grass and the eggs are attached to the grass. More prevelent after rain. If you are new i would give the animal a Poly Serum shot. help boost its amune system. Find a good vet and good luck.

WolfLady":2t124lho said:
How old does your Bottle/bucket calf have to be to worm him? Should you worm if plan to eat?

Although Scotty is right that most worms are picked up on pasture, some worms can be passed in utero to calves. I've wormed my bottle calves as early as a month old when it was indicated. I don't remember whether I used Ivomec or Cydectin, though. Read the directions carefully and they will tell you what age calf the product can be used on, and how much to give. I would worm any animal on the place according to the appropriate plan for their circumstances.

Latest posts